FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 18, 2009, 08:07:24 AM
Fallout Street Lights - Wasteland

this is an excellent mod - takes a pitch black city and turns on some of the streetlights

Tested those too, here a rather dark night, with those lights added, and then using night vision:

[smg id=1676 align=left width=300][smg id=1677 align=right width=300]
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Ricamundo

I can second the streetlight mod. Its great in various locations in the Wasteland but in DC it is utterly incredible. So atmospheric i cant believe the Devs never bothered to do this.

Get this mod! 8)
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Great screenies Art - perfectly captures the essence of the street lights effect.  :-X

You can walk up to the lights, stand beneath and look up into the flickering fluorescent bulbs - quite realistic how they w@&k

Ricamundo

Almost forgot. I updated to Artmod v3, and i just luuuuv those guns now that they don't degrade with almost every shot fired.  8) Thx Art!
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

very welcome, Ricamundo :)

I got the idea that there actually was an option to prevent a weapon from degrading when I read about some other weapons mod, whose author stated he had fixed that issue (too) :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Pipboy Readius <-click

Needs FOMM and FOSE

Just FYI: the following white text is also written by me, not the mod authors, although I am close to his readme. I kind of rewrote the installation and unistallation part here, adding more info, because I had to do some experimenting before I got everything right.

There are two mods in the downloads, a PDA and Readius. Use either this or that, all the below is about the Readius. I tested the PDA version, but it has a 90° rotated screen, so Hi-Res Maps look crap, and I didn't like it that much. However, your choice.

Mod Type: Replacement, get rid of your old pipboy, even in 3rd person view :)  And again, say good-bye to scan lines, they get removed by this mod too. It does w@&k with Hi-Res Coloured Maps.

[smg id=1678 align=center width=400]

Bit tricky for me to install and I also uninstalled it, just to make sure it works both ways (which it does). Tricky because neither do you copy an .esp file into DATA, nor do you copy folders into TEXTURES etc. It will be managed by FOMM, entirely.

Installation: copy the file Pipboy_Readius.fomod into your FOMM folder: HD:\GAMES\FO3\FOMM\MODS

Then fire up FOMM, click on the PACKAGE MANAGER button, click on the readius mod, then click the enable button. Just click yes yes yes etc, it will create a couple of folders inside FO3\DATA\ which during deinstallation can be deleted.

Mod conflicts - Attention:

- It will render any mod useless that mods the TEXTURES of the original pipboy3000, except the piplight mod that comes with fellout. It doesn't affect mods that change the screen content, like Hi-Res Maps.
- It will override the remove scanlines mod, so if you want to get rid of Readius, you'll need to reinstall the remove scanlines mod.

QuoteANYONE USING 360 CONTROLLER there is a way to use this mod and have it workign 100%... dl a program called xpadder and bind the tab button to your b button and the b key to your right thumbstick pressed in. or whatever suits you. but if you play the game with this running it will let you use this mod without anyproblems. pressing b will bring up the readius and pushing in the stick will put the light on smile.gif WOOO finaly can use this mod how i wanted. scorp maybe u culd post this fix in the readme/description (obviosusly written alot clearer) so 360 controller uses will have a w@&k around. (this also wont conflict with the drivers in windows and controller will function like normal but only bind those two buttons. leave the rest blank)

GAME ISSUES:
Might cause a problem with tranquility lane quest (where you have to go to rescue Dad, in that b/w game phase, you're a kid and have no pipboy. The game removes it, and gives it back after you solved the quest. Solution, if you fear troubles, remove the mod before you enter the pod that pulls you in to tranquility lane. After the quest, install the mod again. I'll do it that way :)

Deinstallation: How it worked for me

1) Use the in-game built-in "Uninstall Mod" (that mode of your Readius is accessed by default using "B" which switches on the lights on the Readius): press it for 3 seconds, which opens the mod options menu.

2) The mod removes your armor, coat, whatever. So first re-equip your armor, then save, and exit game.

3) Open FOMM, uncheck the "PDA" mod esp (yeah, it's always PDA mod, whether or not you use the PDA version or the Readius version)

4) Then press the package manager button, click on the Readius mod and click deactivate button. Then right-click on the now disabled entry and select "delete" (if you still got the download file, do it). Then close the package manager.

5) Manually delete a few folders:

meshes/ -- remove the folder scorptech,
meshes/characters/_1stperson  -- remove the folder locomotion
textures/ -- remove the folder scorptech
textures/ -- remove the folder pipboy3000 (you can actually keep that if you want to get rid of scanlines, but I'd recommend installing "remove scanlines" mod again which will create yet again that folder)
sound/ remove the folder "fx" that contains "ui" and "pipboy" folders. If you keep that, Readius sound will stay even with your pipboy3000

Done, finally :)

PZ

Cool appearance to the PIPBoy - how does the screen size compare to the vanilla version?

Art Blade

you can see quite well, the image is a lot crisper in game (the pics get softened a bit on uploading here). Also, you can still change the values for FOV (field of view) while viewing the pipboy (got its own entry) which usually is 45 I believe, and that mod decreased it to 37 I think. Saw it briefly during installation, FOMM changes some of the fallout.ini entries. The smaller the FOV value, the more of a zoom effect you get.

Art Blade

I've just tested that: edit the fallout.ini, change "fPipboy1stPersonFOV=" from 35 to 25 and you'll get this:

[smg id=1679 align=center width=400]

PZ

These maps are looking better all the time - are those waves I'm seeing in the water? 

What an improvement over the awful out-of-focus green, full-of-scan lines map that the original PIPBoy comes with.

EDIT: I'm now using the PIPBoy mod Art recommended and I like it quite a bit more than the stock one, especially when you change the fallout.ini to make it larger on your screen
[smg id=1683]

Art Blade

I reckon you see a repeating pattern of water textures. It is the same map you use, by the way :) You can fix the entry in the fallout.ini too (the ini is in the savegames folder) even if you're using the old fashioned pipboy3000. Just check the value you've got in there, and reduce it a little, say by 10. Then fire up your game and check out your pipboy :)

PZ

I'll do that as soon as I fire up the game again - using the maps in a game is loads of fun for me, as long as the map is relatively good.  That is what initially disappointed me with FO3 - the poor quality of the in-game map.

Art Blade

You know, I've been horsing around with Charon "Washington", and gave him the silenced sniper rifle from the UndergroundHideOut, plus some ammo. Was so much fun watching him wreak havoc in Rivet City  ;D

[smg id=1680 align=center width=400]

Then I decided to talk to him about tactics, told him to use melee instead of ranged weapons, and he drew his combat knife, slashing and stabbing poor Harkness and Shrapnel. That gave me the idea to add another weapon to my mod, for Charon, some ba$t@rd of a sword or something really bad for melee. Going to think of something :)

fragger

PZ

Cool - I'm just now getting into additional companions - a couple of mods that I'm trying out.

PZ

Accuracy International AS50 Sniper

This sniper sounds and works and looks like the version in FC2 - except even a bit better, I think.  Looks really nice on your back in 3rd person view.  The scope is also modified to look like the real thing

Accuracy International AS50 Sniper

EDIT: installed this mod on 11-20-09 and it is great - looks so much better than the stock sniper rifles, and makes me feel more like a FPS.

Here are a few captures:
Choosing the AS50 (don't forget to pay for a few .50 cal rounds)  You can purchase the rifle and ammo from Moira
[smg id=1682]
... a view of the rifle as you carry it
[smg id=1688]
... a view as it is slung over your shoulder
[smg id=1686]
... the reticle
[smg id=1687]

PZ

Rivet City Loft Apartment

QuoteLocated inside the stairwell of Rivet City.
Key isn't hard to find...mailbox.
Included:
Nuka-Cola Machine
Lab and Infirm Set
Full Bar and Dry Foods
Storage For Everything You've Scavenged
Couple of Fruit Trees
Personal Computer
Safes
Bathroom
w@&k/Armory Area
Big TV!
Pool Table
Carpet...well sorta
Excellent Location

Rivet City Loft Apartment

EDIT: this is just a small mod that uses existing FO3 resources - really nice to have another place to hang your hat!

[smg id=1685]
[smg id=1684]

Art Blade

nice finds :)

I like your haircut. Reminds me of Charon Washington without rig. The two of you walking side by side must be a great view  ;D

PZ

Thanks!

I thought so too - I just found Charon and was amazed to see that he looked much like I do  :-X

Art Blade

are you using ArtMod v003 already? Be prepared, going to update that soon to v004 :)

PZ

Looking forward to it - what is new?

Art Blade

I'm boosting Charon's knife a bit. I've seen him dismbemer and decapitate some Raiders with it already  ;D

[smg id=1689 align=center width=400]

Ricamundo

I often heard Charon pull out his knife when danger was near, but he almost always used his combat shotty, which seems to have incredible range and accuracy. :)

Art Blade

basically, what he (or any companion) does, depends on your decision. Just open the dialogue menu, click let's talk about tactics, and there you can define: stay close/keep distance and try to flank, and then the option to chose between long range weapons and melee. When he's told to use long range, he'll almost always prefer any gun over his knife. Tell him to flank and use melee, then he runs after the baddies, with his knife swinging and slashing :)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 20, 2009, 11:08:19 PM
Looking forward to it - what is new?

see downloads: v004  :)  Here a test:

[smg id=1691 align=left width=300] [smg id=1692 align=right width=300]
We changed clothes, talking business. Went to the elementary school near Megaton, Charon was told to use melee combat style -- and some Raiders assisted. Charon took out two at once, one of them losing his head... :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳