FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Cool - just went there to get it and will play with it in game now  :-X

Ricamundo

I gave up trying to get Broken Steel to w@&k, so i decided to start a new game right from the beginning. It was nice to come out of 101 in daylight this time, and have the huge advantage of pre existing hideouts waiting.

the 101 hideout was great to have, as was the Army Convoy just up the road. Hello 10 assault rifles, and 1000 rounds of 5.56, as well as some frags and armour. 8)

But the .50 cal sniper wasn't there near the V101 entrance. >:( How doea Artmod w@&k? I had given Charon all my weapons before i went into the chamber, but im sure he wont have those when i go back to underworld. Will he have them? I cant remember where i got them, originally :-[
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

The ArtMod hasn't changed item-wise, so the game doesn't complain if you replace it with an update. The only thing you might need to keep in mind is the load order in FOMM. If you used to have a previous ArtMod in the second slot, then best move the updated ArtMod into second slot, too.

As for giving items to a named NPC (such as Quest characters or pre-fab companions like Charon), they will keep your items. If I understand you correctly, you gave him your weapons sometime in an advanced stage of the game and now you started over, beginning a new career? That would mean you did a time travel in an alternate reality, so Charon hasn't met you, hence he will never have the items you gave him in another dimension :)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

fragger

I'm going to pick this game up tomorrow - but I'm gonna feel like I'm about 47 squares behind you guys (grabs head in a futile attempt to stop it spinning) ;D

Art Blade

;D Don't worry, you'll be fine. And you'll understand that stuff once you've started playing (around with mods)  ;)
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

lol, I started the Artmod and Charon now has his George Washington hair  ;D

Looking forward to reading about your experiences fragger  :-X

PS: this is the only game that has come close to the FC2 experience for me.  I realized this morning that the games that hold my interest the most are the ones where I'm not a spec-ops kind of guy.  ;)

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 22, 2009, 08:28:50 AMI realized this morning that the games that hold my interest the most are the ones where I'm not a spec-ops kind of guy.  ;)

Actually, I think that's it. I'm the same  ;D

Ricamundo

Im not familiar with Spec Ops. Can someone explain?
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Military special operations - the Navy SEAL type of guy if I'm not mistaken

Art Blade

As far as I understand PZ, that means he's not so much into military sims :)

PZ

Pretty much - I like A2 and OFP2, but they do not hold the same fascination as being the character in FC2, and now FO3.

Art Blade

DDS Converter 2.1 <- click

NOT A MOD (but a tool for mods and modders)

Don't worry, it's for Oblivion but FO3 is based on the same game engine, and it does w@&k with FO3.

It can convert DDS files (Direct Draw Surface) to various common graphic files and vice versa. Good if you want to edit some graphics yourself. Essential for modders :)

By the way, if you use irfanView, you can go to the FO3\data\textures folder and open (view) .dds files in there with it. If irfanview doesn't open it at once, just drag and drop a .dds file onto the fired-up irfanview window. For example, you can check the hires colour map with it, and other graphics used by mods :)

PZ

I just used the Hamada radio station mod to add Farcry 2 music into FO3 - it worked well and it is quite interesting to hear the FC2 music in Fallout 3!

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on November 27, 2009, 11:39:34 PM
I just used the Hamada radio station mod to add Farcry 2 music into FO3 - it worked well and it is quite interesting to hear the FC2 music in Fallout 3!

I always turn the game music off, so i dont know what FC2 music sounds like, nor F)3's music.  ;) I'll have to do the GNR mish so at least i can hear 3Dog. ;)

Art Blade

FO3 is the only game I keep turning the music on and off (usually off). When I turn the radio on, that GNR music is what I really like. Thing is, if you turn your pipboy radio on and start walking around in buildings or areas with hostiles present, they'll be attracted to your music source, too. Prepare for happy meetings: turn on your radio  ;D

Ricamundo

I had an interesting anomaly yesterday. I finally found the Museum Of Historyand went into Underworld to be reunited with my buddy Charon. Upon entering the 9th Circle area, Charon went rogue, and started shooting everyone, then he killed me!

I tried it again from the other entrance and same result. So i quit the game, went into FOMM and deactivated Artmod, started up FO3 and Charon, who now looked like a Ghoul, was normal. I bought him from his owner, and Charon immediately went over and killed him, but noone else. We left UNderworld, and i saved and quit, went back into FOMM, and reactivated Artmod, and restarted the game. Charon was once again looking like George Washington, and not a Ghoul, and was behaving normally again, so its all good, as i have reaquired those sweet Artmod guns. 8)

Art Blade

Sorry to hear he attacked you, I don't think it has to do with my mod. I tested it myself and it worked fine, and I did not alter any of his scripts. I can only think of a hiccup of FO3 itself. Or you should consider using a different after shave lotion  ;D

Ricamundo

LOL. I woulsnt be surprised if it was just a fluke with all the mods im running. Actually (knock on wood) FO3 is running quite smoothly these days, even with the extra mods i just installed.(changing weather, and better A.I behaviour in fighting, or whatever its called). I just have the eror msg on quitting, but that's a small annoyance, imho.

Art Blade

FYI
There are so many mods our beloved Admin PZ came up with, it was practically impossible to keep track. Even I had difficulties remembering if we already had a certain mod or not. So I decided to add an index to the first post: Just skim the index, click on a mod name you're interested in and the corresponding post will open in the same window. Use the "back" function of your browser to return to the index. :)
Thank you.

PZ

Fallout 3 Configator

Fallout 3 has a huge amount of configuration variables you can change to customize and optimize your gaming experience. Most of these variables can't be accessed trough the game or the launcher so you have to use a text editor... Or Fallout 3 Configator!

This tool let's you change Fallout 3's configuration variables trough a simple user interface. You can see the description for each variable and configure it with a click of a mouse. You can also create several different configuration presets and switch between them in seconds. Couldn't be any easier!

Fallout 3 Configator

Art Blade

thanks for the additional index update... "he exceeded our expectations"  ;D :-X

PZ

Does anyone remember how to change the size of the PIPBoy in game?  I recall changing how much of the screen I could use, but now have forgotten.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Do you want me to tell it, too?  ::)

alright, then  ;D

PZ

You're a funny, funny guy Art!  ;D

I actually woke up this morning remembering something about the fallout3.ini, but not exactly where.

Interestingly, I performed an uninstall which evidently left the old fallout3.ini file intact on my system, perpetuating any problems that it might have.  Because I'm optimizing my game, I'm going to manually delete those user files and any registry entries related to FO3.  Annoying how often an unistall application leaves so much legacy.

Thanks for the reminder post!

Tags:
🡱 🡳