FO3 mods <index updated>

Started by deadman1, October 21, 2009, 12:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

It was my sincere and utmost pleasure  ;D
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

Colt M4 Carbines

This is my favorite weapon after playing in the game for a while.  Looks great, and it reminds me of the AR-16 in FC2 (minus the camo).  It comes in several flavors, both loud and silenced versions are included

Colt M4 Carbines

Ricamundo

Quote from: PZ on December 04, 2009, 09:20:18 AM
Colt M4 Carbines

This is my favorite weapon after playing in the game for a while.  Looks great, and it reminds me of the AR-16 in FC2 (minus the camo).  It comes in several flavors, both loud and silenced versions are included

Colt M4 Carbines

I couldnt get this mod to w@&k. When i installed it with FOMM, i saw a msg saying this mod required file extensions or something, but i installed it anyways. There was a data folder with 3 files in it, that when i tried to d n d to the appropriate folders they couldnt be installed there, so i gave up and deleted em. Ah well, after Art's weapons, every other gun is pretty much a candy a$$ gun anyway. ;D
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

Art Blade

lol, thank you :)

regarding that carabine mod, I checked the description, there don't seem to be any special issues with it. Maybe this here helps, those are the folders involved:

Quote(install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\ColtM4Carbines.esp
(install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\Meshes\Weapons\2handautomatic\M4Carbine\
(install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\Meshes\Interface\Hud\Aimpoint.nif
(install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\Textures\Weapons\2handautomatic\EmdgM4\
(install folder)\Fallout 3\Data\Sound\Fx\Wpn\emdgm4carbine\

Have you checked them?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

PZ

One thing to consider is Windows permissions.  Evidently if you install as an administrator, and play as a limited user, your permissions to write to a folder can be compromised.  It is advised to change the permissions of the game installation folder o full control for everyone.

Another issue is the installation folder itself - mine is "E:\Fallout"

This is to circumvent an issue with the default folder and some of the mods.

PZ

Alien House Theme Conversion

Quote=- REQUIRES ALL THE DLC PACKS! -=

This Modification adds new Megaton House Theme that converts the entire house into alien themed. The house includes not only ornaments but gadgets that can be useful for some.

The price of the Conversion is 2000 caps and additional devices such as jukebox and infirmary are 300 caps.

The Special Devices are as fallows:

• Teleport and Recall Device
  • Energy Conversion Device (requires workbench)
  • Portable Stealth Device
  • X-COM laser rifle
Additionally you have a new Wadsworth in the Alien house that doesnt attack you even if you do and can't be killed, so you may exercise what ever nuclear experiments inside the house you like.

Alien House Theme Conversion

Art Blade

retiredgord

Are these mods available for the PS3 or just the lucky computer guys?
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I hate to say it, but PC only - they are modifications to the software.  Personally, I wish that the mods were available for the consoles because I'd love to play this on the PS3.

retiredgord

:'( :'( :'( :D :D :D :D :D    RAZZZZAFRATTZZZ.  (real bad swearing)
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

PZ

I know how you feel Gord - whenever it is available, I'll purchase for the PC first, and it it is a spectacular game, I can sometimes get my wife to go shopping for a PS3 version.  ;)

PZ

Knightmare's Pre-War Clothing Mod

These re-textures provide much needed color to FO3 clothing.  This mod is to clothing as Fellout is to the environment.

QuoteA little texture mod for the male and female pre-war clothing. I left the Grimy
Business wear alone since I liked the way it looked but most of the clothing just bothered me.
When I finished the whole thing I decided I may as well release it and see if people like it or
not. I know it doesn't fit in all that well but I get a little tired of everything looking drab
and dull.

Knightmare's Pre-War Clothing Mod

PZ

M14 Sniper Rifle

A powerful sniper with a highly detailed texture.

M14 Sniper Rifle

PZ

Arsenal Mod RC 2

In this version all NPC, all factions, all Super Mutants are re-equipped with one of 131 new weapons - Only high-quality and highly-models and textures are used.  Gone are the cartoon-ish FO3 weapons!

Arsenal Mod RC 2

RedRaven

Nice find PZ. name was instantly familiar from a Stalker mod, turns out it is the same one but set for FO3.
A personal favourite from the selection is the Kris submachine gun. Recently saw a documentary that tested it, it fires .45 calibre rounds and because of its ingenious firing mechanism it has very little recoil, specially when compared to pistols of the same calibre. Very good stopping power.
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

PZ

Thanks Red,
I really like the appearance of the weapons - they look like something that would be in today's games as opposed to the goofy looking vanilla weapons.

I'll have to try that sub - have been using a M14 sniper mod for a while now, which also has high definition textures.

PZ

Owned

This mod is fun - I killed Tenpenny and am now able to use his place as if it is my own.  If you own all of the establishments in Tenpenny Tower, you can actually collect taxes on the properties.  I also bought a few other places in the FO3 world and am able to take items without being attacked by the locals.

QuoteThis mod aims to make the game more realistic. I always found it annoying that when I killed
The owner(s) of a property, I still could not sleep, take stuff and store away my items without
some kind of punishment for doing so.

This mod corrects these flaws that are so prevalent in the original game.
Now when you kill the owner(s) of a property, you will get full privilege to everything in
the house including the beds, the items and storage without any negative effects (beside a dose
of bad karma of course).

Download Owned

PZ

FNNCQ - a Fallout 3 slavery overhaul

This is another one of my favorites - I posted an adventure in which I enslaved a raider and used him for my mule - quite funny.  Even more so was the enslavement of Mr. Burke in Megaton!

QuoteFeatures:
---------
O a complete new slavery system where almost every NPC can be enslaved, follow the player, be placed anywhere (also DLC spaces) and !! don't !! get lost, aggressive or loose equipment
O game mechanics (spawn points), original stats and dialogue is not harmed
O 5 following slaves (choose whoever you want)
O slaves can be trained, have needs and heal while sleeping
O & o slave training. Your slave can be trained for a specific function
(O mule, O fighting basic, O fighting extended, o housekeeping, o working )
O 2 new places to sell your slaves
O 4 additional 'stored' slaves in real functional prison (want to see Burke in prison, now you can)
O 5 additional slaves can be placed everywhere in the game world and stay there with a mobile collar controller without slowdown of the gameplay, make your own slave prison with the mcc
O 2 new weapons, 8 new slaver gear items
O several nice looking slave collars and other equipment for slave managment
o fully voice acted (also slave dialogue)

legend: 'O' means fully done, 'o' in progress

Download FNNCQ

PZ

Steady Aim

One of the details that I never appreciated in F03 is the poor ability to aim when you're using a sniper rifle.  (I'd be arrested for a DUI if my car was weaving as much as your scope does.)  Now my aim is rock steady, just like in Far Cry2.  :)  Add to this the mod that disables auto-aim and you have a weapons system that behaves much more like a FPS.  :-X

QuoteAdds the Hold Breath feature you can use to steady sniper aims.  If you play CoD you know what I mean.  Basically it allows you to sharpen your aim for a brief period of time.

You cannot hold breath
1) immediately after taking a shot.
2) immediately after releasing your last held breath

The maximum duration you are allowed to hold your breath is about 6 seconds.

Download Steady Aim

PZ

A Trail of Crumbs

"A Trail of Crumbs" is an exciting, challenging and most of all FUN quest that seeks to guide the player to these and other locations. The quest encompasses 10 separate locations to explore where you will find a hidden key and a modest amount of loot, and extends game play by approximately 4 hours. Once you find the key, you will receive the coordinates to the next location to explore to find the next key and so on etc. Each of these places have lots of loot and there are plenty of enemies in each of them so you can collect quite a bit of spoils along the way if you wish! The player receives a nice perk, some armor with custom stats and a nice little bunker for completing the quest.

To start the quest make your way to the little patio area behind the Chryslus Building. You will find a Talon Merc named Bubba who will help you on your way after you dispose of him and search his body.

A Trail of Crumbs

Ricamundo

Nice find PZ. 8) Im in mid quest at the moment and enjoying finding the mini safes buried deep in each location. It seems like theres extra loot throughout each location as well, as i know ive been to all of em and i thought i'd picked them clean, but i keep finding stuff here and there, as well as the usual enemies.

SPOILER...

The Mama Dolce location is full of Chinese ghoul soldiers and officers, so ive been able to stock up on Chinese assault rifles, which i need to keep with me to repair my much loved and much used Zoulong Assault rifle. It has a damage rating of 465 max, compared to the 200 or so for the standard Chinese assault. ;D

Combine that with the perk that makes your target basically expode into several chunks(cant remember the name) and you have some "meaty" encounters. ;) im up to about 190,000 caps now, and all the guns/armour/etc that i want, so any new quest, or mods that add a lil some some are welcome.

One mod i tried that hasnt worked out too well for me is the "Arefu Expanded" mod, a rather large and ambitious mod that turns Arefu into a sort of Megaton look, with new characters, a player home, and new quests, as well as a bar, and gun guy, but my graphics slowed to a steady stutter whenever i was in or near the new Arefu, and i had 2 CTD's in close succesion after i started playing, which i hadnt had for quite a while, so sadly, i had to deactivate it.

Im continuing with some of the addon mods, like Point Lookout, and The Pitt, and will end with Broken Steel, and we'll see after that, but as of now i have yet to find any fresh fps game sthat i want to play while waiting for FONV.
Are you listening to the wind now? Tell the wind to bring me some beer. F*ck the beer, we need women!

PZ

Glad you like it, Ric

I too experience problems with Arefu expanded - a slight slow down on my machine, but there's something that interferes with another mod because I experienced frequent CTDs.  In general, I use FO3Edit to create a few patches that I can enable/disable through FOMM, and that has helped significantly with almost all mods.  Like you, Arefu expanded gave me enough problems so that I gave up on it - sure was cool to explore it though  :-X

Ricamundo

I have finished the Trail Of Crumbs mod and enjoyed it very much. 8) The goodies you get at the conclusion are great too! I decided to try another quest mod, called "A Note Easily Missed" which has been around a while and has a ton of endorsments. It's more of a puzzle mod that a shoot em up, and ill let you all know how it works out. ;)

Art Blade

PZ

Sounds good - I appreciated your comments about the official DLC - I didn't like the more linear ones, and didn't even get too far into those.

Tags:
🡱 🡳