• Military helicopter AH-33 Topachula 155kph
  • Military helicopter UH-10 Chippewa 150kph
  • Helicopter Mullen Skeeter Eagle 150kph
  • Helicopter Mullen Skeeter Hawk 145kph
  • Military motorcycle Hayama GSY650 *** around 140kph
  • Military speed boat YP-107 Phoenix 115kph
  • Military helicopter Sivirkin 15 Havoc 90kph
  • Fishing boat Pattani Gluay Pro 2 60kph

BMD (Black Market Dealer) vehicles in this list are upgraded to the max. By the way, if you upgraded BMD vehicles (same goes for weapons) then identical items you pick up elsewhere will also be upgraded.
All vehicle speeds are top speeds, that means planes were tested with max throttle.

Here some useful
  Vehicle Coords   

For those using the Sporty Buggy Mod (like myself): Buggies can usually be found in the desert (s/w of the map) but also near Panau City, to the n/e on the mainland. I nearly choked on them over at that military base (X:11000 Y:8300) called Kem Tentera Timur.

• X:6414 Y:13904 Mullen Skeeter Eagle . Panau City, Financial District, on a roof
  • X:17188 Y:14360 SnakeHead T20 at Karl Blaine's house
  • X:9500 Y:5678 Peek Airhawk 225 and a Pell Silverbolt 6 in the hangar / airfield
  • X:4324 Y:16416 Pell Silverbolt 6 in Panau City, on a brown soil runway next to the beach
  • X:8888 Y:28000 Rowlinson K22 next to an airfield. On the airfield is a Si-47 Leopard
  • X:5905 Y:13697 Rowlinson K22 Panau City, Financial District, on the same roof with Burj Panau race
  • X:20666 Y:31000 two MTA powerrun 77 plus weapons, ammo, health and a RL in the back of that location in a temple ruin
  • X:2437 Y:64315 Garret Traver-Z , gas station, car is next to a hut farthest away from the road
  • X:7586 Y:24333 Titus ZJ next to a gas station
  • X:3292 Y:11700 Barat Bridge Insanity race: get a Titus ZJ cabriolet in Panau City and there is sometimes a sports car in the parking lots next to the race location
  • X:5333 Y:12666 Utara Bridge Insanity race: get a Mancini Cavallo 1001 in Panau City
  • X:1061 Y:13166 Panau City Speed Freak race: get a Garret Taver-Z  in Panau City

If you want to check out PICTURES of all JC2 vehicles (many of them with coords), see this nice site:
http://petera94.co.cc/justcause2/vehiclelist.php

By the way, I don't believe that the speeds you'll find there are accurate (what are they using there, anyway? Range like from 30 to 90 what?). Some cars are faster than some jets, and so on.. like a military jeep there is even faster than a dual jet engine plane.. or helos just as fast as jets..
never!
;)

How do I know speeds without a HUD giving away such information?

The map allows you to place a marker anywhere in the game world and the distance is constantly shown while you're moving around. So I got on board and reached max speed, set a marker far away and started the stopwatch of my G15 keyboard when I reached an even amount of kilometers distance (say 20km). At first I didn't try it with land-based vehicles because taking bends or going up- and downhill as well as dodging traffic (or "police") isn't really going to help determine an accurate speed of a bike or car, is it :)

* cars and any other land-based vehicles
are difficult to test because they react to downward and ascending slopes as well as taking bends, dodging traffic, sliding.. and there are no 10km long straight roads. So test results are based on a 2km test drive in the desert. And another handicap: Gaining full speed while taking a bend on a road and then starting the stop watch once I hit the straight part (keeping the car on the road) as well as stopping the time ("Aaargh! I overshot!") leads to measuring inaccuracy. However, I was just lucky the game sometimes presents me with a glitch removing all civilian traffic (scarce govmen and facmen vehicles though). Unfortunately I can't grab a specific vehicle off of some driver because there aren't any on the streets -- I can only take those found parked some place or courtesy of race events.

** Tested vehicles in Panau city:
First gained full speed, then started the stopwatch on passing a 1.5km mark on a straight lane on a bridge, stopped on reaching 0.5km mark. Maths are simple: dealing with seconds (cougar: 19) it's 60/(19/60)=189.47kph. The problem with markers is that you can't always put them right on the road, in this case the mark was below the bridge, so I would have to guess when I passed 0km (reached marker), so it was more precise to just watch the "count down" to 500m and then stop the time while passing that imaginary mark. However, it will give you an idea of how fast it is.

*** Tested military  vehicles in Panau city:
Same as ** but a little more effort necessary ;)

Original Post (before all those ideas were edited in)

I thought I'd give it a try and check speeds of two vehicles that I like to travel with. Your Black Market Dealer sells a little unarmed plane called Pell Silverbolt 6 that when fully upgraded takes you to your destination at 400kph. That means 10km by plane 10/400*60=1.5= 1:30 minutes. And an armed speed boat MTA Powerrun 77 that when fully upgraded takes you there at 225kph. So 10 km means 10/225*60=2.66= 2:40 minutes. Not bad, is it :)

Edit1: I split this off and created a new topic.. Easier to find for you lot :) Edit2, base=10km to make it comparable. Edit 3: I created a list with top speeds in this first post and will add new data once I get new results on different vehicles (posted subsequently). Several later edits: Updated list and restructured text. Last edit: Just because of the Sporty Buggy Mod, so we can look this up where to find buggies.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

Just had got the idea of comparing the military speed boat's top speed with my own speed boat to see if it is worth hijacking one of those (they are numerous and omnipresent) to get around.

Marker set at 20km but after 10km I decided to stop because it takes ages. So 10km by military speed boat took 5:10 minutes. Gah, arithmetic.. turning seconds into a digital number 10/60=0.167 which makes it 5.167 minutes, so the top speed during 10 kilometers test run was 60/5.167*10 ~=116 ~=115kph.

Ha! 115kph vs 225kph. Govmen, eat your heart out!  ;D

Then there is that cool (unarmed) SnakeHead T20 speed boat which I've got a feeling is particularly fast. You can find it around Panau City and always next to the house of fellow agency mate Karl Blaine (X:17188 Y:14360, the first location you'll get to know when playing the game, just turn towards the sea, hop down the hill to the jetty and you'll always find that boat sitting there for you).

Let's see if it is as fast as I think it is: 10km in 2:25 mins -> 25/60=0.4167 -> 60/2.4167*10~=248 ~=250kph! Whoa, it is!  ;D

[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

Art Blade

The small military jet Si-47 Leopard 10km at about 1:45 = 345kph  :)

Art Blade

Speed boat Frisco Catshark S-38
10km in 3:10mins = 190kph

PZ

Cool experimentation, Art  :-X

I doubt that anyone else has done this accurate of speed charting the vehicles  :-X

Art Blade

Art Blade

The upgraded BMD helo Rowlinson K22 takes 10km in 3:20mins = 180kph

PZ

I love that little helicopter when it's upgraded to machine guns - a very nimble little beast.

Art Blade

indeed :)

But I don't like buying those vehicles, so I go places where they're sitting ready for you

• the airfield X:9500 Y:5678 where you find a small plane and the little jet (in the hangar)
  • high up a mountain X:8888 Y:28000 next to an airfield you find that helo
  • two powerrun speedboats plus weapons, ammo, health and a RL at X:20666 Y:31000

:)

PZ

Thanks for the coordinates - by the way, that site you found for the items descriptions was excellent.  It looks like the author plans to do quite a bit of expansion on what is currently there.

Art Blade

do you refer to the vehicles list?

Art Blade

Big fighter jet G9 Eclipse 10km in 1:30mins = 400kph  :o :)

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on June 17, 2010, 11:51:57 AM

• the airfield X:9500 Y:5678 where you find a small plane and the little jet (in the hangar)
  • high up a mountain X:8888 Y:28000 next to an airfield you find that helo
  • Panau City, Financial District, the sky scraper next to the bridge with Burj Panau race, a Rawlinson helo on the roof.
  • two powerrun speedboats plus weapons, ammo, health and a RL at X:20666 Y:31000

;)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 17, 2010, 01:20:45 PM
do you refer to the vehicles list?
That's it - the vehicle list  ;)

Art Blade

I see :)

Mullen Skeeter Eagle (helo) 10km in 4:00 minutes = 150kph

Art Blade

The first post in this topic now features a list of top speed vehicles, I'll keep it up to date :)

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on June 18, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
The first post in this topic now features a list of top speed vehicles, I'll keep it up to date :)
Cool - I was hoping that you'd create an easy reference list  :-X

Art Blade

Hehe  ;D

Added Peek Airhawk 225  :) It is faster than I thought  ;D

Art Blade

I added a list with coords so you can find fast vehicles... only now I found an agency sports car Garret Traver-Z!  :o :)

Oh! And a Titus ZJ...

maybe because I found out that out there in the desert there are roads that make a great racing track. Almost no traffic (apart from suicidal govmen) and rather straight long roads... hehe, the devs must have raced there, too  :)

PZ

Indeed - you can land/take off planes from those roads, and it is great fun to see how fast you can go in one of the quicker vehicles.  There is something new to see and experience in just about every nook and cranny of Panau.

Art Blade

Quote from: Art Blade on June 19, 2010, 09:37:38 PM
Almost no traffic (apart from suicidal govmen)

Erm.. actually that was a glitch. I was amazed at how little traffic there was and drove around half of Panau, the only moving vehicles belonged to either a faction or the government. After reloading a savegame I was shocked at how much traffic there was  ;D

Art Blade

The glitch is upon me again... used it for land-based vehicle tests, those two cars found in the lists above. :)

Art Blade

just renamed the topic because of the new content (didn't think of adding lists when I started the topic)  ;)

Art Blade

Art Blade

Tested a Sivirkin 15 Havoc military helo. Man, that thing is so slow you'd think running takes you faster to your destination.

Tags:
🡱 🡳