video/demo discussion

Started by retiredgord, May 31, 2009, 09:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredgord

I'd like to be able to talk the missus into letting  me get a new Digital Video..one with about 30 Gb of memeory.  I'd set the sucker up in front and record the whole mission real time just so I can watch the detail later.  Some of the things that come out are amazing, like watching one merc jump outta the vehicle into the fire beside him, cough, bend over  then groan his death groan.  Then the stupid-a$$ gunner jumps into the drivers seat to save the vehicle or get away ( the other direction is better IDIOT) and he jumps out into the bigger fire and coughs, groans and dies.
It does save me bullets tho.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

Art Blade

I wish we had a demo function that other games have. The benchmark prog of FC2 doesn't record like it was a film. Other games' demo functions w@&k like wysiwyg - record, play. To save them is a different thing, some allow to save them, others offer just an instant replay, then it's gone.
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

whats the deal with the replay function ?
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

I don't understand, what do you mean?
[titlebar]Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.[/titlebar]What doesn't kill us, makes us weirder.

RedRaven

playback recording  Numpad8

its in MISC in CONTROLS
Fehu, Uruz, Thurisaz, Ansuz, Raido, Kenaz, Gebo, Wunjo, Hagalaz, Nauthiz, Isa, Jera, Eithwaz, Perth, Algiz, Sowilo, Tiwaz, Berkano, Ehwaz, Mannaz, Laguz, Ingwaz, Othila.

Art Blade

did you manage to replay exactly the same (as in a vid)?

RedRaven

dont know how to start recording....

soz, its late, and most of my brain has had to shut down to protect itself from the really really bad music drifting thru the air (party somewhere close by)
:-\

Art Blade

don't worry matey :) I was asking because as far as I know, that key only records. The only way I know to play it back is to use the benchmark prog. But it does start it like you do a savegame, meaning the AI acts... unexpectedly. And issues with vehicles... the manual of the benchmark asks not to start recording while in a vehicle. In other words, no "wysiwyg"  :(

I was hoping you had found a way

RedRaven

pants , poo , and poppy-cock !

someone somewhere (helpful aint i) said something (LOL) about frapps ? ? ? for record / playback

thats it sleep-gaming again !!!!

5 minutes more  then farcry fairy land for me,

Art Blade

frapps, you got it... the people try hard to find easy ways of recording  ;)

JRD

FRAPPS works fine fo me... easy to use, easy to replay.
Only it saves a .avi, so you have to convert it somehow
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

just for your info: this is a split-off from "oh my god - run" topic.

spaceboy

Just saw this and I think retiredgord is on PS3.  I'm not sure what he is referring to exactly.  I have details here on how I record to my PC, but it sounds like he's referring to something different.  If there is a better way he's heard of, I'd like to investigate myself.
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

Art Blade

he is on PS3 and I think he wants to film the TV (ie camera behind him while he's playing)

retiredgord

Art you are correct.  I think my monetary output would be cheaper and I'd still have the camcorder to video other stuff with like my grandkids.  They are just too fast for the digital I have now. FYI I found out the date for the camera had not been set to present times and that is why I had screenshots before the game was bought.I.E. dated 1999.
Man I felt like a fool when I got into the internal menu and found that I had not re-set it. 
You're growing old when....  see above.
The sun is over the yardarm somewhere in the world..time for a beer :)  :)

RedRaven

hey there fellow foggies!!!
not sure what its like up where your at RgorD, but if you can find a cheap DVD recorder mate of mine with PS3 says you should be able to record game-play straight onto it (same way we used VHS back in the day), then its pretty easy to get that onto a pc, problem you may come across using camcorder to record the screen is banding and refresh rate clashes etc. maybe even video feedback (which is great fun unless you want clear image) DVD recorders are pretty cheap these days and depending on store/assistant you can probably wangle free software out of them too.

spaceboy

I have a questin on that part though dke58 (using a dvd recorder).  What would be the setup?  PS3 preferred output is HDMI to the TV.  Do DVD recorders have HDMI input that can record on DVD AND pass through to the TV?  If that's the case I may have to try that.

Second problem I think would be the surround sound I've got optical output from PS3 so that may have to go away...but if only for recording, that'd be ok.

Sorry, I can look up amazon myself I guess, but it's easier to ask you  ;)
http://mygamepages.com  forums and member created pages

RedRaven

no probs, will investigate it too, ask my PS3 mate yesterday and it got us both thinking. No promises as to how useful will be to you tho !
its been at least 5 years since i did any Audio/Visual projects and tech has advanced fair bit in that time.

Tags:
🡱 🡳