FarCry 2 funny videos

Started by TheStranger, October 22, 2017, 02:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

I call it the evil rock and the double grenade death.

(Seriously how is that double shot even possible?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEE-LzCMT-Y&feature=youtu.be

fragger

Ah yes, I remember the "merc-in-the-rock" glitch :gnehe: What did we used to call him? The "rock-steady merc" or something... That's a weird thing with the grenade though :huh-new:

That sometimes happens in FC4 as well. Very occasionally, a Royal Army or Golden Path soldier ends up stuck in a rock or inside a structure with no entrance, such as one of those many shrines. All you'll see is the tip of a muzzle or an arm or something sticking out. The difference is, in FC2 you could still get the rock-steady merc with an explosive, whereas the ones in FC4 seem invulnerable (sometimes they can shoot out of their rock, sometimes they can't and will just fire insults at you :gnehe:) All you can do is get far enough out of the area to allow them to disappear.

TheStranger

The funny thing is that there was no merc inside the rock. I cleared the whole railyard from the top of the rock. When I took the diamond case I heard the grenade launcher and went back. I think he just fired at my old position because noone was shooting at me from inside the rock.

But I have to play a little further to investigate that, because I quit shortly after I made the video.

fragger

Ah, okay. The rock-merc was in the southern district somewhere, near a guard post. I think it was near the centre of the map. He's supposed to be on top of a rock (a sniper, I think) but sometimes he'd end up inside the rock instead. If you approach from the east, you could just see the top of his head sticking out. When he does that, you can't shoot him - but he can shoot you. You have to get him with a grenade thrown right next to the western side of the rock, as close as you can get it to him.

TheStranger

Yeah I think everyone knows him ;)

But I think he was in the nothern sector (or there are more) :)

PZ

tRSM: the Rock Solid Merc - that was a strange anomaly in the game  :gnehe:

fragger

TheStranger, I think you're right. I haven't played FC2 for so long that I've forgotten which region is which :)

"The Rock Solid Merc", that was it :gnehe:

JRD

I remember finding a similar glitch in AC:Revelations. I saw a head popping out of the tiles of a rooftop but couldn't see the body. He could see me and even shoot arrows at me if I remember correctly. It was just like the Rock Solid Merc... and he was pissed at me...  :D

I did a post about it but I can't find it any more. :-[
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

Art Blade

TheStranger

Funny. can't remember that I head that glitch in any Assassin's Creed game.  :)

JRD

Quote from: Art Blade on October 24, 2017, 06:09:08 AM
I found this here, did you mean that?

(the pic doesn't show when quoted here)

http://www.openworldgames.org/owg/forums/index.php?topic=2584.msg48963#msg48963

That's the one. Although it seems a bit different from the Solid Rock Merc guy. Now that I've seen the post I remember he fell into the roof as if the grid mesh o the graphics had a hole in it but I believe he didn't spawn there as I believe is the case with the SRM. This guy in AC:R could walk out of his hole somehow whereas the SRM was fused with the rock
Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity

PZ

I'm playing ACR right now - got it on a great Steam deal (less than 7 bucks).  Funny glitch happened to me - I fell through the roof into a watery world beneath and was looking up at the floors of the buildings above

Tags:
🡱 🡳