Battlefield Hardline

Started by nex, March 26, 2017, 04:54:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

It seems that none of the members except me are or were playing this game
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I'm not playing, but then again, I'm really not playing much of anything.  :gnehe:

BinnZ

You 'were' playing Nex? Is it  a good choice after all?
"No hay luz"

nex

Besides being a linear game i am enjoying it tremendously BinnZ, most of the episodes you can control pace and how to achieve your objective.

The game has ten episodes and when you've played through all ten then you can replay any of the episodes, I think I'm on my fourth playthrough  :anigrin:

These two links are basically one episode
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Too bad MP is just the traditional BF experience, nothing new to be honest...
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Not bad, but not the game I'm looking for right now either...

Well, still no clue what game I'm looking for anyway :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

I saw some videos of the single player game and thought if there was more to it, it might be worth it, but like most of the recent Battlefield games, the single player campaign is basically an extended tutorial for the multiplayer which I can't play, so I passed on it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

RDR2 if it comes out on PC, yes. If not, I pass. Not going to buy a console for it. And if it comes out on PC, it will likely take another year to be released on that platform, so no. Not waiting now. Hoping? Yes!! O0
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

O0 Yep, I don't think it's worth buying a console nowadays. With hardware refreshes being needed to keep up, I could invest that money in newer PC parts or games instead  :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I forget is RDR 1st person or 3rd person? If it does arrive on PC and is 1st person, I'd think about it, I've seen videos of the original and it looks fun, but forget what perspective it uses.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I recall RDR1 was 3rd person.  Here's some general talk:

from r/reddeadredemption

BinnZ

It was 3rd indeed, I've watched some videos of the game, all 3rd person. But with the experience R* has making GTA available in 1st person I bet they gonna do that again ;)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

I wouldn't mind 1st person returning, but I felt it wasn't the best way to play GTA V.

PZ

I actually like 3rd person in certain games like the AC series - you can see (and react to) threats in a more 3D way.  When encircled by a ring of thugs, it is of advantage to be able to step back and see them all as they are planning their attack.  1st person limits you to tunnel vision - kind of like a horse wearing blinders not being able to see what is to your left/behind/right.

Don't get me wrong; I like 1st person in games like FC2 where you are focused on a single adversary at a time.

I like the option of doing either.

Tags:
🡱 🡳