Little Nightmares caught my eye

Started by mandru, May 20, 2017, 01:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I've watched a couple Youtube vids on Little Nightmares that were intriguing and did a bit of digging on the game.  There plenty of Youtube links so I'll let you run your own search with that site.

It's a spooky platform jumper laced heavily with puzzle solving elements.  The best way to describe the professional reviewer's comments is by saying it has received mixed reviews.  While the mood and quality of game content are generally regarded as "Wow!" it actually runs short (playtime wise after you've played it once and have worked out all the puzzles) leaving little reason to encourage playing through multiple times beyond enjoying the games general creepiness.

It's available on most platforms via Steam but it might be worth waiting for the price to drop even more to bargain basement cost before picking it up.

Waiting for the price to drop seems like a two edged sword as a buying strategy.

On one hand you get a game you might like relatively cheap but not buying until a game is discounted may send the message to the makers that it was a game in which no one was interested resulting in no follow up.

Then again buying a game at full price (that's lacking good value) can unfortunately promote the opinion in game makers that's it's OK to cut corners because the saps will buy anything.  :undecided-new:

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

BinnZ

That is definitely a good game Mandru, it looks awesome. It somehow reminds me of Portal 2, although it is also completely different.
I will indeed look out for a bargain sale. The cool thing about steam is that you can add a game to your wish-list (why can't wishlist be a single word?). Steam will then alert you when it is on sale ;)
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

I've seen some videos of it as well, it does look interesting, and creepy. It resembles Inside which resembles Limbo both of those were developed by the same company, but not the company that developed Little Nightmares. If Little Nightmares interests you, I would say look at Limbo and Inside, both of which are spooky, but Inside is especially creepy. Little Nightmares may be a bit on the short side as well.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳