Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

in other words: nice sword, Forrest. And now RUN, FORREST, RUN! :anigrin:

PZ

:anigrin:

I like to have it for the special occasion, but do not equip it that often. My main sword, and main bow both have a poison on hit characteristic. I really enjoy using the poison techniaie, and have started visiting military installations, killing and poisoning one guy, then carrying him in to drop the corpse between me and other soldiers - funny to see the effects.

I killed the last of the 10 Phylakes this morning, a level 40 chap that took 66 arrows plus some sword play. As a reward, I got a legendary outfit that looks kind of cool.

Right now everything in my gear load-out is legendary, and I have upgraded everything but my health meter to legendary status

I did one of the boss events this morning, and almost killed him. However, I did this just to see what they were like, and as expected, are where you run around in a limited area while the boss keeps trying to kill you. I'll not do any of those because they are just plain uninteresting.

LowPolyOWG

I see :) I don't mind if you have a different playstyle, not everyone is into boss fights etc ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 25, 2017, 09:56:51 AMtechniaie

erm.. even if I try to find keys surrounding those you used to create that word, I really don't know what you wanted to type.. technique.. technical.. technocrat.. technology.. what the hell was it? :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on November 25, 2017, 09:56:51 AM
I like to have it for the special occasion, but do not equip it that often. My main sword, and main bow both have a poison on hit characteristic. I really enjoy using the poison techniaie

Based on the context, maybe "technique" :huh-new:

fragger

PZ has been nabbed by the spelling patrol again :D

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Art Blade

PZ

I finally upgraded all skills to legendary status, and went back to Siwa, the area you start at the beginning of the game. There must have been a newbie player that just started the game because I got the icon to avenge his death. There were three perpetrators I needed to kill to avenge the guy. After locating them on the map, I went there and the three were bunched together on their horses - a single sword swipe at my current level of 40 dispatched all three at once, and I collected 250 XP  :evil2:

Now working on the stone circles and the tombs while exploring all corners of the map. Now at 44% completion, and still many "?" (undiscovered areas) to explore, which may be a simple as an animal lair to clear, or as challenging as a major fort that needs clearing.

Interactive world map

Art Blade

you seem to have found a game to get the most out of. :)

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I did not think I would like the Egyptian setting, but the developers did a great job making it pleasing to the eye, easy to traverse, and makes one want to explore.

I still have not completed the main mission line, but so far only that single boss part of a main segment (other than the lame events). I'm still exploring the map and it somewhat feels like I have completed the game. However, you still can increase your abilities even though your level does not change, the roving patrols still give the player plenty of action, and the occupied military areas become repopulated with soldiers (at a reduced number). It kind of reminds me of FC2 areas and the assault truck patrols, but at a sophisticated level. The roving patrols only sometimes attack, and having the areas repopulate is much more satisfying than having a place devoid of life in perpetuity.

I had a predator bow in my inventory that I just tried today. It is legendary, and is automatically fire-tipped. It deals massive hit points, so I have something new to play with. A single arrow killed a level 35 crocodile.

Yes AB, I think I have found an open world game that entices me to continue playing to completion the same way I like to complete the Uncharted games. I still play every day, and look forward to each session just like I did with FC2

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Even Alex Hutchinson (former franchise director and supposedly the guy behind the UBI*bleep* radio towers) wasn't positive towards an Egyptian setting.

Tags:
🡱 🡳