Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

:D 

Unfortunately I must becoming younger rather than older because my patience is less than ever  :gnehe:

I certainly would not want to be a kid again  :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

Max gold is capped at 9 999 999.  :laughsm: In other words, I don't need more money :anigrin:

Art Blade

and then someone in the game walks up to you and says, "you know, you can get all the gear, weapons, all the cool things, everything really, for just 10,000,000. Oh.. one dollar short? GET OUT, NOW! Bloody beggars.."

:gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Upcoming events this month. Ohhh, boss event starts today :anigrin: Guess who's going to get some new gear this week :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Alright, screw that boss event, I died twice in a row :laughsm: As I said, i have no skill points so I can't use multiple weapons/other items :-X

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Assassinating a convoy :anigrin:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sabotaging a brazier :evil2:

Art Blade

PZ

Nice pics GK!  :thumbsup:

On my 3rd play through as of yesterday, and having as much fun as the first time, maybe more. This time I'm leveling up as fast as I can leaving as many of the side missions for later as possible.

I might get the game for the PC so I can do cheats  :gnehe:

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on January 17, 2018, 08:25:22 AM
I might get the game for the PC so I can do cheats  :gnehe:

:anigrin: :anigrin: :anigrin:

Thanks! This game is fun. I'll happily write a cheating tutorial :gnehe:

PZ

Sounds good  O0

I got a pleasant surprise when I started the game a short while ago - a brand new quest appeared like the former events appeared. I opened one of my level 40 completed games and sure enough, a very large quest was available, one that took you to three different locations in the world to deal out death and destruction however you like it.

There is also a new atlas mini map on the main map. It shows the two new DLC areas that are releasing this year, and they are not just new mission sets on top of the current map, but two entirely new maps adjacent to the main map. Both appear to be relatively significant in size.

LowPolyOWG

O0

The first DLC is coming on the 23rd next week. Unfortunately, I haven't bothered with DLC in this game yet, nor have I finished the story. I might do that, but I am currently preparing myself for Far Cry 5

PZ

In my current play through I'm employing a slightly different approach. I'm still avoiding the main missions, but there is a point in the game where it almost tricks you into continuing the main mission line. Gennadios the Phylakitai and End of the Snake is the mission which unlocks the presence of the Phylakes in the entire world, and while you are a lower level player, they are to be avoided.  Without their presence patrolling the roads, it is much more peaceful.

I also do not like that mission because it is the single mission that has a boss snake that you must kill, reminiscent of the later Far Cry games - in a darked room with a gigantic snake writhing in the stone pillars waiting for you to look the other way.

One of the side missions (can't recall the name) requires you to rescue an actor from a relatively large fort. As you plan your attack on the fort's guards to accomplish your mission, the game has slipped in Gennadios and his entourage also patrolling the fort - he is labeled with his name however, so you know who he is. He does appear to patrol mainly the north side of the fort, but when you are in his area, he has an uncanny way of moving your way, forcing you to engage. This happened to me in my prior plays through, but this time when he engaged, I ran away until the heat went down. Then after carefully freeing the prisoner, I completed the side mission without killing Gennadios.

Now wandering the world at level 24, I'm doing all kinds of activities without the annoyance of the Phylakes patrolling the roads.  I'm currently in higher level areas, and have advance enough so that all my main weapons are legendary, and I have nearly all the abilities I like.  We'll see how high I can level without being forced to continue the main mission line, which I left when level 12 was recommended for successful completion.

I'm also doing some of the missions going in hot and loud, which is quite the different experience.  My horse is my best friend because while on horseback, your ability to deliver devastating blows appears to be significantly enhanced.

I'm not sure why I'm so drawn to this game, but perhaps it is because I feel all the finer elements of
Far Cry and Assassin's Creed combined into a single game.

Art Blade

you sure know how to get the most out of this game, PZ O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳