Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because the new game plus mode allows me to start with all my stuff, all areas no matter the difficulty are now open to safe travels. Consequently, the game seems even more vast than before - I have over 27 quests in my list right now, and countless quest markers on the map, which I have fully traveled.

I don't even mind the Phylakes any more because at level 45, they are a challenge, but not impossible.

The game play feels quite different, and I find myself automatically using different methods of attack.

Art Blade

PZ

Definitely - now because I'm moving about the world on different paths, I'm seeing details I've not seen before  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

fragger

PZ

I just finished a day of downloading the latest DLC - over 15gb!  ???

PZ

See you kids on the dark side - into the game I go  :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Have fun! :anigrin:

Doubt I will buy the DLC for this game, it appears that AC: O wasn't my cup of tea, despite me breaking the game on PC :-X
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

PZ

:D

I don't like this DLC as much as the last one because there is an area where there are giant scorpions  :banghead:

However, they programmed an extra two game save slots for five total, and the level cap is now 55.

We'll see how it goes, but so far it is fun.

PZ

Evidently the giant scorpion area also has ships that sail the wheat fields  ???

However, the story line is that those area(s) are the afterlife in which you explore the curse of the Pharaohs. The action is the same, and other than the somewhat weird huge scorpions and ships sailing dry land, it is still playable. The main story line has what might be called "bosses" because their health is so high, but it is not too difficult to eventually kill them - just takes time, and now, most importantly, proper weapon choice. In other areas of the game, weapon choice did not seem to matter much - just choose what you think looks cool  :gnehe:

My favorite weapon is the on-fire sword - when you hit someone with it, they catch fire, and scream out in what almost sounds like the sound track of Dennis Weaver in the movie "Duel at Diablo"  :D

The "normal parts of the new map is spectacular in new buildings, assets, and graphics. The two DLC packages are definitely worth it for those that are fans of the game.

fragger

Quote from: PZ on March 13, 2018, 05:49:59 PM
I don't like this DLC as much as the last one because there is an area where there are giant scorpions  :banghead:

That's alright, just climb into your power armour, equip a Gauss Rifle, and then you can...

... oops, wrong game...

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on March 23, 2018, 07:03:01 PM
That's alright, just climb into your power armour, equip a Gauss Rifle, and then you can...

... oops, wrong game...

FO4?  :huh-new: :D
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Yep :anigrin: Giant scorpions are indigenous to that world, too.

Tags:
🡱 🡳