Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Hey, UBI*bleep**bleep* released the Animus Control Panel on PC. Yes, now you can cheat your way through AC Origins on PC :laughsm: :anigrin:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Yeah  :anigrin: I remember a lot of games on the PS2/Xbox had button combinations that activated stuff like god mode/infinite ammo and money. You could even unlock everything. Now, stuff like that are usually turned into paid ULC :angry-new: EA games have "time savers" like that :banghead:

This was given to all AC Origins players for FREE  8) ??? Oh, you can turn allies into enemies and vice versa :laughsm: :gnehe: Or, make everything hostile a la Far Cry 2  :evil2: Hope this can find its way into Ghost Recon Wildlands/Far Cry too!

PZ, I guess you can say good bye to the PS4 version now? :anigrin:

Art Blade

that's deffo going to rattle his faith in his console and likely making him consider giving up on the comfort of playing in bed or on a couch. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Now that's really cool! I'd definitely consider it if the game was not as good as it now is on the console. The ability to keep your leveled up character is simply golden  :thumbsup:

I wish they would do that in FC5 - that would make the game so much more playable.

LowPolyOWG

I made my enemies be permanently lvl 1, infinite arrows, insta-kill assassinations, the enemies can't notice me until I am very close and walking speed increased by 400%  :anigrin: :laughsm:

PZ

Art Blade

does that stuff w0#k at any given time, like, even for someone who only just started the game?

LowPolyOWG

Yes. You will have a duplicate save ;) Using those cheats blocks you from earning achievements. So, if you want play the game clean, you will still have that option ;)

Art Blade

alright, thanks :) At least there's an option if things get a tad too hairy :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

You can also reduce your total health and set the level cap for yourself. Or, god mode, if you don't want to die :gnehe:

Art Blade

yep, I figured that you can virtually do what you want regarding settings when the guy explained that they had a couple of presets for those who are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of adjustable options :)

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. I prefer having my own :gnehe: Some people from the PCMR subreddit had a meeting with Ubisoft's corporate heads in
from r/pcmasterrace
last year. I assume this might be a part of the "Overclock" PC dev team initiative.

PZ

I love the idea of a sheer amount of adjustable options. I much rather spend time adjusting options to tailor my experience, than spending time frustrated due to the lack of them.

However, Origins is so well designed that even a casual gamer like myself can easily progress through the game with a minimum of discomfort.  Still in my opinion, the best open world game developed so far for a variety of reasons.

Tags:
🡱 🡳