Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Nice :gnehe: I like the Indiana Jones reference at 0:49 in the snake clip :laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on November 16, 2017, 08:30:54 AMYes, it should be - just ask AB about my typing history  :gnehe:

what typing history..?  :huh-new:

Oh, you mean that letter-soup. :gnehe: Well, there were some really funny typos, the best one at least in my book was "boar pilot" (your long-time custom title) :anigrin: But recently I suspect that your typos aren't really your fault if you're using your tablet or some such -- typing isn't exactly fun without a large keyboard you can tell the letters apart without wearing glasses :gnehe: And maybe, just maybe, you're sometimes a little in a hurry, hack in a reply and head over to the next without ever reading what you just typed. I'm pretty sure that you would have noticed and corrected those little typos otherwise :gnehe:

Regarding vids, more precisely your avatar's voice, it very much reminds me of one of the mercs from FC2 :)

PZ

:anigrin: yeah, the  voices are reminiscent of points in other games.

REgarding my typing, I was doing firewood about a week or so ago and severed the extension tendon in my ring finger. My typos are likely to become even worse now  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

And I hope PZ does, too :anigrin:

Seriously, whoa! ??? Get better soon, PZ :thumbsup:

And stop inventing excuses.

PZ

PZ

A Phylake was attacking me from behind, so I thought I'd try to take him down:

killing a phylax

This one was funny: I assassinated a Captain, then poisoned him and threw him onto the back of my horse. Then, riding around the military compound, I kept infecting soldiers while they tried to take me down.  :D

infected dead on horseback

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Good thing the poison doesn't effect you or the hostages though.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Yeah, while my character coughs a bit, and the horse sometimes is hesitant to let me load the victim, there does not appear to be any negative health affects to me and my steed  :gnehe:

Quote from: Art Blade on November 16, 2017, 10:41:59 PM
funny, cool idea :thumbsup: :D

Not my idea though - I saw it as a tip as the game was loading  :gnehe:

Experimentation is a good part of the game  :thumbsup:

PZ

I'm now at level 35 and it is becoming easier to keep myself alive. However, when I go into higher level areas, I need to be careful not to start something else I'll likely get my *bleep* kicked. The enemy icon is red if my chance at taking them down is not good. However, it is possible - I equipped myself with a poisonous sword and attacked a level 38 captain from horseback - I could see the poisonous vapors beginning to rise so I kept hitting him and he eventually went down.

You can tell that the Black Flag people developed this game - I had to do a sea battle the other day that definitely reminded me of that game.

I was stuck in a pyramid the other day due to the maze-like passage ways. A nice feature is that fast travel works even while in difficult spots - refreshing change from prior AC games. In fact, if part of your quest is far away, you can even fast travel to that location as long as you have opened a fast travel tower.

It feels like all these cool features I've been posting are tailored for a gamer like me (lazy with little patience)

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

PZ

I'm now at level 37 this morning out of a maximum of level 40 and have only completed 35% of the game. There are still several areas of the map I have yet to explore, and many missions. I have not continued on the main mission line because the side missions are so rich in content, visuals, and cleverness of design.

Each area has it's own unique characteristics, from having lots of waterways to mostly sand or desert mountains and everything between.

It is fun just to open a new area just to see the lay of the land and start to establish your presence. Just this morning I visited a Roman aqueduct being built and did a side mission for it's engineer, which took me on a quest deep inside a mountain to dispatch Roman bandits.

To summarize so far, it is still my favorite AC game to the point where I may not revisit prior versions. In fact, this version may even supplant FC2 as my favorite UBI*bleep* game.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳