Impessions: Assassin's Creed Origins

Started by PZ, November 01, 2017, 09:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

PZ, I'm glad to hear that you've found a game you can get your teeth into :thumbsup: It's great when one comes along that grabs you like that, one you really look forward to playing some more of.

For me it's FO4. I actually didn't like it at first and I almost quit, but I decided I owed it to Art to give it the best chance I could. I'm so glad I did now, it has totally reeled me in. Just took a while for me to acclimatize :gnehe:

Keep it coming mate, I enjoy reading about your AC:O experiences (and I have read them all, just haven't gotten around to commenting until now).

PZ

Thanks fragger; I'm delighted that you're enjoying FO4. I have the game and have had thoughts of going back into the wasteland, but likely will not since I have Wildlands I've not finished yet, and FC5 and RDR2 are coming out.  I hope you continue to get the most out of the game  O0

Thanks for the info, GKID - Going through he game I managed to stumble across all the tips in the Forbes article, and I can say they are all true. Every weapon I am currently using are legendary, and all but one are upgraded to level 40. Now when I go into an area it is mostly simple to gain control of the place.

I'm now at 35% game completion, and have continued along the main mission line, which as I suspected, took me into the gladiatorial arena. However, being at level 40 made it simple to go through in a single try, and doing so opened up quite a few new side quests.

This dumb guy thinks I'm an idiot
Spoiler

I assassinated a captain, poisoned his body, and then dropped the stinking corpse in front of his friends. Who's the idiot now  :gnehe:
Spoiler

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Poison is one of my favorite ways to dispatch enemy, and there are several ways to apply the noxious substance.

• Like in prior AC games, you have poison darts you can fling, but these darts emit infectious poison
  • My main sword administers poison with every hit, and many other weapons you find have that characteristic. The enemy you infect begin emitting noxious fumes even while they continue fighting, infecting their friends. It is fun to infect a few and soon it spreads like fungus.
  • The arrows of my rapid fire bow are poison tipped.
  • With every foe you kill, you have the ability to carry/throw the body, but you can also poison the corpse before you throw it. Sometimes I run around a crowd of enemy carrying a rotting, stinking corpse infecting everyone.
Next I'm going to become proficient with fire. I've dabbled in fire arrows, and regularly use it to clear cobra dens, but I've not thrown fire bombs against enemy yet, and there are plenty of accelerant-containing vases around.

Only being at 35%, yet at level 40 means that I have tons of fun experimenting ahead.

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

PZ

Thanks AB  :anigrin: Those guys reminded me of the Pope in AC2 when he kept asking me if I'd had enough even though he was receiving the *bleep* kicking of his lifetime  :gnehe:

Yes, I think lots of thought went into this game - it almost seems like they have every path anticipated so you never run into invisible walls, etc.

LowPolyOWG

They used three years to develop the game this time. It seems it allowed UBI*bleep* to do some polish and make it fun :)

PZ

I think so - I've not had any game crashes so far  :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

There was a bug with the PC version that crashed the game if you tried to run it on a 32 thread CPU (AMDs Threadripper). Other than that, the game scales up to 16 threads. Which means the game is CPU heavy. UBI*bleep* definitely knows how to multithread their software

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. It's just the i5 users complaining (4 cores isn't enough anymore)

PZ

If modding were to develop for the game, I'd definitely purchase the PC version.  :thumbsup:

I killed a higher level Phylax yesterday and received his legendary sword, which has three times the killing power of any other sword I have encountered. The details of each weapon is listed in the gear section of your menu, and this one has a characteristic called "Cursed", which is only evident in Phylake gear. I did not know what that meant until I equipped it, and discovered that my health limit had decreased by 2/3.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"Cursed weapons are probably the most intriguing. A cursed weapon will deal a whopping 200 per cent more damage than normal - as in, an extra 200 per cent, meaning you damage is tripled. But the cost of that is your health will be capped at just 33 per cent, meaning you're trading two thirds of your health for another two times total damage. Unequipping the weapon or of course getting rid of it entirely will make the curse effects go away, if you don't fancy it!"

From
Spoiler
AC Origins article on Legendary weapons.

Your weapon is basically a high-risk high-reward item, PZ ??? You'd better stock up healing potions (if that exists in the game) :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳