Consoles in 2017

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 02, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, Nintendo have some good exclusives (Mario and the Zelda games)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

mandru

I'll wait for Atari to make a comeback.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

LowPolyOWG

Ahh, the golden era of arcade games :bigsmile:

PZ

Art Blade

yeah on the old Atari console, there even was a game called fragger. Er, frogger. :anigrin:

PZ

fragger

:D

I loved Frogger, my mates and I used to have contests on it in the pub. Biggest loser bought the next round ;) This of course was way pre-Quake (and pre-PC), where I later had my "fragger" honorific bestowed upon me by a couple of those same Frogger friends due to my penchant for showering all comers from on high with launched grenades ("get down here and fight, you dirty fragger", "show yourself, you fragging bastard", etc). Nobody could get near me until I ran out of ammo. Then it became fragger season and I'd get ganged up on :gnehe:

PZ

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Is that also how you got your nickname fragger? ;D

Grenade/rocket jumping was a game mechanic back in the days.

fragger

GKID Yep, that's where it came from :) When I joined OWG I thought about calling myself "Astroboy" (me being an astronomy and space nerd) but there was already a member called "spaceboy" so to avoid any accusations of plagiarism I went with the old nickname :gnehe: None of my friends have called me that for many years though.

Hehe, I remember "rocket jumping" :anigrin: I'd like to see someone try that in reality...

LowPolyOWG

He he, I'd expect the person doing that would be cut in half :-X

Art Blade

I remember when rocket jumps and circle jumps started to become popular in Quake II. There were even grenade rocket jumps: you threw a grenade down ahead and jumped after it so you'd basically land on your own grenade -- when you did, you'd fire your rocket launcher onto the grenade and had twice the power of a normal rocket jump. It was amazing, I could jump across a place people would have to run half a minute to get there without. :gnehe:

PZ

I like the name fragger - glad you went with it  O0

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳