Consoles in 2017

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 02, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

LowPolyOWG

Looks like Xbox Scorpio dev kits have shipped. Must be why R* delayed RDR2 I guess :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

the vid provides an interesting insight :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Yep. Can't wait for MS to reveal the retail version. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on a dev kit and mess with modded Xbox games  :anigrin:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

So Sony cheaped out? Well, I guess it won't be long until Sony needs to roll out the PS5 when MS launch their Scorpio.

Hmm, this mean games might become even larger now  :-X If they are going to include 4K assets with downloads (10+ GBs) we might see games take 70-80 GB now... Unless we can have those as optional downloads like UBI*bleep* :bigsmile:

Art Blade

I can virtually hear the groans when it comes to "large downloads" :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

So Microsoft decided to name their new console Xbox One X :huh-new: That's odd, unless the "X" is the latin numeral for "10", which could be a reference to Windows 10.

So, the "One" family is complete (Xbox consoles and Windows 10 gaming) in One ecosystem...

Dweller_Benthos

Well, come on, let's call a horse a horse here, an XBox is essentially a stripped down windows 10 PC.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

True. Microsoft called it "Xbox" as it runs Windows/DirectX graphics API. It was supposed to be called DirectXbox. Apparently, they stuck with "Xbox". So yes, basically stripped down Windows. Must be inspired by Apple (mandru pointed it out in my Computex post, MS are doing what Apple have done to their "i"-devices).

mandru

But One X ( Roman numeral lX ) is a number Microsoft skipped over going from Win8 to Win10.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

maybe they know how to use Roman numerals but aren't quite astute when it comes to Arabic numerals. They probably thought, hey, 8.1, like adding Roman numerals (VIII + I = IX) you add 8 and 1 and get 9. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: Well, Valve can't count to 3 :-X *half life 3*

fragger

:anigrin: So true, GKID!

It seems that HL3 dissipated into the vaporware universe. The worst part is that they left the story up in the air at the end of #2.

I can only hang off a cliff for so long before I say bugger it and pull myself back up :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳