Consoles in 2017

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 02, 2017, 10:09:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: Valve's writers have departed from them and they make money of CS GO cases/Dota 2/TF2 hats. Also take a 30% cut from publishers/developers selling their game through Steam

Why would they make a game now?
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, making HL3 wouldn't be profitable for them, so it won't happen. Well, it would probably be profitable, but it's much easier to do what OWGKID says, charge other game developers to use Steam, take a cut from them and just sit back and count the money.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Ubisoft, EA and ATVI-Blizzard have their own clients in response to Valve's Steam platform. At least Ubisoft uses Steam long with Uplay. Honestly, they should drop Steam completely, why would I need to fire up two platforms just to run an Ubisoft title :banghead:

fragger

I guess that's one advantage of buying hard Ubisoft media from a store. I did that with FC3 and 4, so I don't have to deal with Steam for those games and only have to go through Uplay. That can be painful enough at times ::)

LowPolyOWG

WD2/GRW was bought through Uplay. I still added them to Steam as non-Steam game to get screenies etc.

Art Blade

I'd say IF they use steam, then DON'T add yet another, even if it's their own, platform.

LowPolyOWG

Soo, AMD shafted the current gen consoles ::) Well, I hope Sony/MS continues to use AMD, Intel's Core 7xxx offerings are too expensive/runs hot and their iGPU doesn't come near AMD's APU performance.

Tags:
🡱 🡳