Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Just leaving the breakdown trailer for RDR2 here.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Like all games I enjoy, I'm eagerly anticipating this game, however, I'm not going to hold my hopes too high since just about every sequel has been a lesser game than the original in my experience.  :undecided-new:

BinnZ

I never played RDR, so if I am able to play this game, it will at least be my first experience with the concept :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Well, they might go for the multiple protagonist setting again, if we play as Marston's gang this time. Already done in GTA V, but maybe Rockstar have done some refinements to the system (sequels often tend to improve on the first one). I don't mind this, every GTA before V had just one protagonist and every other OWG have that.

Dual wielding sounds cool though :anigrin:

PZ

RDR is fun and often funny BinnZ - it reminds me of playing a role in one of the old Sergio Leone Clint Eastwood movies like "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

If you like that kind of movie, then this game is likely one you might like  :bigsmile:

fragger

I think I really could have gotten into RDR if it hadn't been console only :banghead: I like the idea of a western-themed game. The only one I've played was Call of Juarez, which I found extremely linear and heavily scripted. The quick-draw QTEs got on my nerves too.

PZ

I played Call of Juarez too fragger - not awful for a linear game, but reminded me of a Call of Duty with a western theme.  Too bad RDR was not available for the PC - it has that open world feel that we all like. The MP sucked though - I played a bit of MP with my son and because my Internet connection was so slow (his was fast) I was literally dead before I even saw him coming at me  :banghead:

I liked the SP though - think the map size of the Far Cry games in the form of an open world Clint Eastwood western and you get the general idea  :bigsmile:

fragger

Cheers PZ :) I never finished Call of Juarez. I reached a point where I had to out-draw some bad guy and after many, many failed attempts, I rage-quit and never went back to it :gnehe:

There's talk of a RDR movie being tossed around and reportedly Brad Pitt is interested in it, but being Hollywood they'll no doubt screw it up if they ever go ahead with it. Super Mario Brothers, Tomb Raider, Far Cry, Hitman, Assassin's Creed... why won't they learn, video games pretty much never make a successful transition to film (remains to be seen with AC, but I'm not holding my breath).

An open-world Sergio-flavoured game is right up my alley :thumbsup:

PZ

I think I remember that part fragger, and although my memory might be a bit off, I think there is a VATS like system to assist the player in the gunfights - that took quite a bit of the anger out of me regarding gunfights  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Ahh, the dead eye ability. Michael has the same ability in GTA V

fragger

Yeah, you had something like a hip's-eye view (?) and you had to hit keys to kind of keep your hand hovering over your six-shooter until you perceived the bad guy beginning to draw, then you hit a key to draw your own gun. Or something along those lines, I can't exactly recall now. It got exasperating after a while, since I could never seem to out-draw this particular hombre. It was like nanosecond timing required :huh-new:

LowPolyOWG

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60210/Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Is-Now-Coming-Spring-2018

Well, looks like R* wants more console development time. I guess optimizing for the Xbox Scorpio and PS4 Pro means that they want to polish the game more :o I assume the PC version might come in 2020 then  :-X ::)

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

PZ

🡱 🡳