Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

More graphics breakdown :)

Regarding "why no PC?": Most studios develop console/PC versions on the same time now. However, that means you might end up with a smaller PC team compared to consoles. UBI*bleep* hands over PC development to UBI*bleep**bleep* Toronto/Ukraine to deal with PC. R* might want to throw everyone on it, including UI designers etc to give us something awesome.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

not much I get out of that. A lot of speculation and unanswered questions in that vid

BinnZ

Glad you enjoy it Nex, I just have something against UBI*bleep*'s design I guess. It just doesn't catch me enough.
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

PZ

I know that UBI*bleep* has a bad reputation here on OWG, but they continue to develop some of my favorite games. I like Wildlands quite a bit, and absolutely love the Assassin's Creed series (except the pirate and native American  ones). I'm looking forward to Odyssey. Origins is one of my favorite games ever. Of course, it goes without saying that FC2 is a favorite, and even FC5 with it's improvements is good on my list.

As to RDR2, I had great fun with RDR, and am looking forward to playing this one  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

first you need to consult your calendar and reschedule your chores in order to free up time for gaming. Or you're never going to play that one. :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on October 15, 2018, 10:17:39 AM
I know that UBI*bleep* has a bad reputation here on OWG, but they continue to develop some of my favorite games.

Disregarding the Ubification process (quoting my pal Jim Sterling), their games are fun indeed. Problem is, their games borrow a lot of stuff from eachother. Sure, R* do build upon the GTA formula, but I don't see a GTA game every year. Compared to Ubisoft, which insists on publishing their Ubified products every year or so ::)

I think R* are going for quality while UBI*bleep**bleep* goes for quantity :anigrin:

BinnZ

I think you're right G. And apart from that, I must admit that UBI*bleep* is producing a good lineup. The problem is that most games are not my cup of tea (military ones, pure race games and Assassins Creed). FarCry 2 and 3 were very good to my taste, but 5 missed it. I'm just very picky when it comes to how they build characters and stories. Maybe it's not culty enough, too much main stream. My character has to have at least a bit of a bad breath :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

UBI*bleep* manages to secure the most promising titles, stuff that looks really cool, the first couple of teasers they publish are polished, and then I think to myself, well, don't get fooled. It's UBI*bleep*, after all. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

But, given their copy-pasting approach, it's just an another UBI*bleep**bleep* game ::) Nothing memorable, but something you can chew through on a long, empty day :anigrin:

Art Blade

it's almost as if selling the same cookbook by simply changing the cover, showing a photoshopped and polished image of a different dish every time, while the recipes, the book's content, stay the same.

PZ

"Borrowing" the ideas from the other games only bothers me when it is poorly done. What comes to mind is how primitive FC5 is in comparison to Origins. Why couldn't they have taken the best of each of the games rather than perpetuate the bad?

🡱 🡳