Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

mixed choir: "because it's a UUuuuuu-Beeeeeeee."

LowPolyOWG

Launch trailer. 1 week to console release :)

And the bad side of being an AAA studio ::)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

PZ

Trailers are kind of nice in order to see the general theme of a game, but they remind me of the movie advertisements you see before the main event on a DVD. I wish the developers would highlight more of the actual game play because after all, that is what we experience the most in a game. I'm not that much of a fan of cut scenes.

LowPolyOWG

They did released gameplay trailers. I posted them here :)

The game is like above 100 GBs ??? Must be uncompressed audio and uncompressed 4K textures ::)

Art Blade

I don't think so. But there should be one way to find out: if the download of 100GB is the same as the installation folder's size (i.e. total installation size), then you were right. I reckon it will inflate to over 100GB.

Art Blade

damn, I was just thinking about PZ. By the time he finishes downloading, the game will be out on PC.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on October 18, 2018, 12:58:10 PM
I don't think so. But there should be one way to find out: if the download of 100GB is the same as the installation folder's size (i.e. total installation size), then you were right. I reckon it will inflate to over 100GB.

Downloads are usually lower, due to compression indeed. I meant total size on the hard drive, not the pre-loaded package.

Art Blade

ah, OK. :) Then there's hope for PZ, after all :anigrin:

He might have finished downloading just before the PC release.

PZ

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

PC version is apparently listed for next year at some retailers.

On a side note, the install package is like 88 GBs on both consoles for now. I assume it will be 100 GB unpacked

LowPolyOWG

Console versions being compared (graphics). 6 hours until midnight release in some EU nations :)

Spoiler

Curently watching a video of my pal Jim Sterling talking about it. Not going to post that video here, but I can say he is genuinly impressed by the effort of w0#k put into it.

PZ

Along with Odyssey, I also picked up RDR2 so I should now be set for quite some time.

Art Blade

set for quite some time you are :)

Question is, when will you find the time for it.

🡱 🡳