Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Tech analysis by Digital Foundry. Graphically improved from original RDR and GTA V with some nice attention to details :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

Good video, these guys know how to point out the technical details that can be found in such a small amount of footage. I was impressed especially when I saw the dynamic light and glow effects in smoke, like the train riding through the night. Just lovely :thumbsup: :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

R* definitely hit a hallmark with GTA V. I hope RDR2 improves on the best parts and discards the bad from GTA V

PZ

I'd be happy if they did not force you to do the ridiculously frequent updates. If my game is working, then I do not want to do updates, yet am forced to :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

There's probably going to be a multiplayer component a la GTA Online considering the millions Take two and Rockstar made from microtransaction purchases. I hope R*/Take Two sticks to Shark Cards (or whatever their virtual currency will be called in RDR2), rather than throwing loot boxes and paid DLC as seen in Forza 7/other AAA games. I hope they don't lock in-game items behind a RNG paywall :banghead:

BinnZ

It would make sense if they separate RDR Online from RDR2 as is seen in for example the CoD games. I don't think R* expected their GTA Online being so popular and therefore did a single launcher system. Now they know how it will turn out when they equal their success, something they are surely aiming for. So if they care for those who only play SP they separate now :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, they should definitely do that. SP modding wouldn't be any problem for them. I guess there would be scumbags modding online.

LowPolyOWG

Komplett apparently has RDR2 listed for a 1 April release. The entry was added today.

Wait, is that an early April Fool's Joke or is that for real?  :anigrin:

Spoiler
I got my hands on a release schedule from GameStop. RDR2 is set for release at the 29th April

Take Two/R* probably wants to kill off UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep's Far Cry 5 launch, they might have decided to release it during the same week.

UBI*bleep**bleep* did a similar thing with the 1.8 update. It apparently made The Division perform better than Acti/Bungie's looter shooter. Curse of Osiris and the 1.8 update arrived on the 5th December. The first was a disappointment, it caused a shitstorm by locking content you had paid for in the base game, behind the new expansion. The latter was released for free :anigrin:

Art Blade

wait and see, there have always been delays rather than early releases ;)

LowPolyOWG

Wouldn't surprise me if Komplett has gotten a temporal date. However, this might confirm we have an April launch.

EDIT: Both April 1st and 29th are on Sundays ??? An unusual day to release a game :huh-new:

I am set for FC5, but I will definitely grab RDR2 if that comes on PC. :bigsmile:

Art Blade

Considering that most games are bugged means the devs didn't have enough time to polish and test it, the idea of an early release should really worry you. It means they have even less time to get it done. Delays mean, they didn't get it done in time and it's so buggy they cannot afford to release it as planned. If they release it as planned, it's likely bugged because the producers always calculate with numbers that won't help the devs so..

whatever the release date, you're screwed. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Indeed  :anigrin:

I think R*/Take Two realised they could capitalize further on GTA Online and do some polish to RDR 2. With the release of the Xbox One X, R* can probably make the game look visually better.

nex

Pity there's no pc version, it looks interesting
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. However, I read an article suggesting there will be a PC version. Denuvo's database was leaked and RDR2 showed up ???

BinnZ

Interesting.... We'll have to deal with Denuvo then :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

🡱 🡳