Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Already dealing with that through UBI*bleep**bleep*/EA/Activi$ion. Funnily, Denuvo is easily cracked with every release :laughsm:

However, I haven't seen any game getting negatively impacted by Denuvo performance wise.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

No doubt there will be the obligatory day-one patch (with more to follow), for both FC5 and RDR2. That always tells me that a game hasn't been completely finished before release. But that seems to be the case with pretty much all of them these days. No Man's Sky took that practice to a whole new level when it originally released ::) It was like half the game was still yet to come.

I guess that's the way of the gaming industry now, so we just have to live with it. Doesn't mean we have to like it though.

Art Blade

it was a much safer bet to start playing Fallout 4 like over a year after its original release. Essentially, the bugs had been ironed out and mods fixed the rest. And the game was on offer, over 50% off. :anigrin: Same with Hitman (except there are no mods)

LowPolyOWG

Bugthesda has always been that studio...

Quote from: fragger on January 05, 2018, 02:49:44 PM
No doubt there will be the obligatory day-one patch (with more to follow), for both FC5 and RDR2. That always tells me that a game hasn't been completely finished before release. But that seems to be the case with pretty much all of them these days. No Man's Sky took that practice to a whole new level when it originally released ::)

I guess that's the way of the gaming industry now, so we just have to live with it. Doesn't mean we have to like it though.

Kotaku on day 1 patches. Seems like devs has to do day 1 patches due to Sony/MS. You don't want your game software to break OS version 1.0.2 if you initially compiled it for 1.01 and it must survive stuff such as task switching/plugging in-out controllers and anything else without screwing up the console. Certification takes a long time too. I read a reddit comment saying if something in a game was broken on the PS4, but works perfectly on Xbox: Forget about releasing that, the programmers may need to rewrite the code on both platforms, dspite the error being found on 1 of 2 platforms. The FC5 demo played early by youtubers is still the old E3 build from last year, but slightly modified.

NMS was a rush job. Should've been a Steam early access game first, then I could get behind the lack of launch content. They could then release NMS on the consoles one year later. I believe the upper suits at Sony pushed them to release it and perhaps the team lacked direction/manpower. Kind of make me feel sorry for them, they had a great concept, but were forced to release it in a terrible state...

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

PZ

Yes it is, but we all have plenty of games to keep us amused until then  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Yep, but I would not be surprised if they announce a PC version on E3 2018.

BinnZ

I certainly hope so GKID, but I think they won't say anything about a PC version before it has actually released on PS4 and xbox one. They never did that :undecided-new:
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

Forgot to mention, I find it quite nice the humble tone in which they apologize for the delay, explaining that they want to deliver a well polished game that is complete! No rush, quality. That's style :thumbsup:

Rockstar games: Entertaining Those With Impeccable Good Taste :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: BinnZ on February 02, 2018, 02:29:08 PM
Forgot to mention, I find it quite nice the humble tone in which they apologize for the delay, explaining that they want to deliver a well polished game that is complete! No rush, quality. That's style :thumbsup:

A quote from Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo developer: "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad"

🡱 🡳