Red Dead Redemption 2 - Trailer Breakdown

Started by LowPolyOWG, April 06, 2017, 08:48:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm saying that in a way that I could as well say, "I wish you really had the time." Only your absence and gaming abstinence tells tales. Which is why I don't get it. You should have plenty of time, you lucky retired man :anigrin:

PZ

You're absolutely correct, but we're heading into winter and am cutting/splitting wood, storing the summer outdoor furniture, winterizing the RV, and what is likely most time consuming, a complete bathroom remodel with sauna, claw foot tub, bidet and two other toilets, and at least two water heaters.  :sad-new:

This is a very busy time of the year for me, and unfortunately coincides with new game releases.

Art Blade

bloody hell! ??? You w0#k more now than others who haven't retired yet.

PZ

I know  :undecided-new: I always heard from retirees that they are more busy when retired than when working but I did not believe it. I thought they were just delusional in wanting to still be seen as productive. All I can say is that I would not do something like this bathroom remodel when I was working.

Of course, I am not doing the remodel for myself - I'd just live with the bathroom the way it was. This is not even our main bathroom - it is for the guest floor! Left just up to me, I'd just play video games, which in my mind is much more productive in the form of self satisfaction.

Art Blade

Not pointing any fingers nor naming names but how about you told that someone, "honey, I'm retired and I am going to play video games now. Go hire someone else."

:gnehe:

PZ

Yeah I did, but when exploring the cost of someone else doing the remodel, I could not stand paying that kind of extortion.  :undecided-new:

Art Blade

choices, choices.. we may grow older and wiser but no one can take those choices off our backs but we our personal selves.

LowPolyOWG

Correct.

Anyway, Digital Foundry made this video:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 29, 2018, 09:38:25 AM
choices, choices.. we may grow older and wiser but no one can take those choices off our backs but we our personal selves.

Absolutely correct, AB  O0  I am felling a bit busier at times than when I was working but it is entirely due to my own making.  Each time I do some kind of project, I say to myself that it is the last time, but then something else comes up. For example, I was dragging my feet on the bathroom remodel, and one day I saw water dripping from the main floor ceiling - I realized it could only have come from the second floor bathroom. I went up and checked all the sinks faucets, and anything else visible, but nothing. Finally I had to break through the wall where I suspected the leak originated, and there it was - behind the wall. Now the wall is half torn apart, and I am forced to repair, so I might as well continue and do the remodel.  That leak is really strange - having lived here for 30 years, it just now started to leak!  I'd suspect my wife for sabotaging the plumbing, but there is no access at all to where the leak originated unless you tear through the drywall.

Nice potential in that PC version GK - I'm looking forward to viewing the graphics quality on the PS4.

Art Blade

Quote from: PZ on October 29, 2018, 10:14:54 AMI am felling a bit busier at times than when I was working

So long, forest. :gnehe:

PZ

LowPolyOWG

The beta for RDR2 Online launched. It's quite barebones. Missions usually involves fetch this, kill this guy and obliterate other players at your own will. Also, it appears it will be microtransaction filled aswell. Gold bars is the premium currency and you need like 30-40 of them to buy any of the rank 30-40 weapons ::) The gold bars allows you to skip progression I guess ??? Want one gold bar? Gotta grind for like 8.5 hours per day. You earn "nuggets", where 100 nuggets = 1 gold bar. Also, said bars are apparently mandatory for weapon customization... :angry-new:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Watching extreme makeover home edition make me think working
with drywall is not such a big job PZ.
When I redid the one bathroom a few months ago the plumber screwed up and caused a leak
inside the wall, the leak only showed up after all the tiling was done, lucky for me
it was in the outside wall of the house which has a double row of bricks.
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

Nex, this one here is for you from PZ. I had to split the post AND the topic and quoting this was the only way to keep it in this topic. The quoted post no longer exists and I modified it after moving all the rest to the new topic. Well, here you go:

Quote from: PZ on November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM
I hate doing plumbing nex  :banghead:

I started the remodel hardcore a couple of days ago (bought the sauna and the claw foot tub). Tore out the old stand-up shower and into that space will go the sauna. Tore out the old sunken bathtub and all the shower plumbing to the old shower, and capped off the water lines. All okay so far, but we'll see how it goes. The current hot/cold stubs are 8 inches apart, and the new tub requires a 7 inch spread - will need ti figure out that one. Will also need to re-route the bathroom vent because it goes through the middle of the now open wall between the old shower and the tub location.

PZ

Thanks for splitting the topic, AB  O0

That's the nightmare I have nex, but all my walls are wood, and this bathroom is on the second floor where leaks are evidenced by water dripping from the living room downstairs  :banghead:

I'm going to build a floating floor for the tub to allow me to build an emergency access hatch, and another one in the sauna room.

🡱 🡳