New and ambitious project in the works.

Started by LinkHero, April 12, 2017, 10:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

You guys remember how the FC2 mercs drop crappy and rusty weapons on death ???

Well, I aim to fix that.
Of course, if you guys have any advice, please share.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

PZ

I do recall a parameter involving weapon degradation, but do not recall if it applies to the weapons carried by the mercs.  I know you can change degradation for the weapons you carry.

LinkHero

Yeah, we did mod that, however, now my mercs drop AS50s and M16s, and I would like to use them without jamming them. I know of the "all weapons purchasable at start" route, but don't want to use that.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

LowPolyOWG

I'm pretty sure our OWG archive should have an entry for this somewhere...
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LinkHero

Update:
I was playing FC2 today, no modding, just enjoying, when I come upon a checkpoint with a sniper merc and several regular mercs.
After disposing of said mercs (with the trusty Dragunov) I start randomly checking their weapons. And the sniper merc has dropped a brand new squeaky clean Dragunov for me. (BTW, I do all my testing with Uzis, and I haven't touched the Dragunov section of any file.)
Coincidence, probably.
Anyway, this proves that there exists a script (or scripts) somewhere that converts live merc's shiny weapons to dead merc's rusty weapons. Now to find it...
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

PZ

LinkHero

Update:
Im testing something here. Need some help in testing. The procedure is as follows:

Add the pickups.xml file im your mymod category, go to "Weapons.AK47_new".
Scroll down to the line "          <value name="selLevel" type="UInt32">1</value>" and change that to zero.
Do the same for "Weapons.AK47_new.Dropped".
Build patch as usual
My AK47s, seem to be dropping shiny new on merc death. However, they still appear rustywhen not picked up. SO I need help confirming this.
Can anyone help me ??
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

LowPolyOWG

Hmm, must be a parameter showing the "world model". Most likely, the weapons have a "viewmodel" and a "worldmodel". The viewmodel is the model held in the player's hand(s) and the latter is the item dropped.

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LinkHero

The world model isn't important right now. If we can change all view models to "new", then we're golden.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

LinkHero

Update.
Good news: It has he possibility to w0#k on all weapons.
Bad News: You have to have those new weapons in your inventory first.
I had an AK47, a Star45, and an RPG in my inventory, and observed that only AKs and Star45s are dropping as new weapons (after changing some values.Everything else drops as rusty. So i went to a shop, purchased the Ithaca pump action shotgun, and changed my arsenal to Ithaca, MAC10,PKM. Suddenly, AKs drop all rusted up and all Ithacas and PKMs are clean as a whistle. Then I picked up a rusty M16 off a merc and set off to find another m16. I found one shortly later, and tried to switch between the two M16s. No such luck.
So, we're back to square one. Time to try a different line of attack.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

Art Blade

+1 :thumbsup: for your persistence and will :anigrin:

I hope that you can solve that weapons issue O0

Tags:
🡱 🡳