Playing a modded Just Cause 2

Started by PZ, March 23, 2017, 11:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Rico may not be the best agent on the island, but he sure looks tough

PZ

My wife's friends came over for a paint event and they needed to use my regular TV to display their inspiration piece while they painted. The bad part is that is the TV on which I display the PS4, which is where I have all my latest games installed, like the newer AC games, RDR2, and Wildlands.

So I went into my office intending to use either my PC or the PS3 to play something. First I looked on the PC to refresh my memory about what I had installed there - several games I entirely forgot I had.

I finally decided on Just Cause 2 because it is still an all-time favorite. I like the music, the map, and the way my little buddies help me fight the bad guys. It is also really funny to see the bad guys do stupid things, and make dumb noises. I had fun, and even started a new play through.

nex

I bought the game at the time but for some reason never played it
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I found it lots of fun even in the "vanilla" version, but when you do mods, it is a complete game changer.

Art Blade

it's the kind of game you start out slowly with a pistol and end up carpet-bombing the whole place. :gnehe:

PZ

BinnZ

I noticed you playing JC2 again, PZ!

However, did you know that Generation Zero uses the same engine? But with today's graphics!! It's a blast. And in a way it is quite comparable to FarCry 2. The way the gameplay works, the absolute freedom, the immersive environment... and it's new. You have to find your own approaches to any given situation wherever you are. There is a sort of guard post system, however it consists of just a relay beacon that needs to be destroyed. After being destroyed the group of enemies (that you probably took down) won't respawn there. You may find wandering groups of baddies anywhere, but the static presence will be gone.

About the immersive environment; it is brilliant. I tend to say it is even better than FarCry 5, however that is a tough thing to state. It is at least as good as FC5's environment, but it lacks the enormous amount of content FC5 has. You will be exploring a lot more relax, with a constant ability of walking into a threat somewhere behind the trees and hills. The AI keeps surprising you in an original and natural way.
Yesterday for example I was at a spot, an open field surrounded by a snowy forest. All of a sudden I picked up noises of enemy presence and my threat indicator pointed me in a direction where some large trees were. I couldn't see them though. All of a sudden one of these dog robots came from behind a tree, staring at me and preparing to shoot. I shot first, but then came another, and another, all popping up out of those trees as if it was a true pack of dogs, crazy!

"No hay luz"

PZ

Sounds interesting - I'll need to check it out!

Tags:
🡱 🡳