Prepare for... THE DOOMSDAY!!!!!!!

Started by BinnZ, December 07, 2017, 10:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

The PREP missions are required to do in public sessions  :(
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

PZ

it still annoys me how game developers try to force people into public MP  :banghead:

Art Blade

yep.

Almost the same thing is this: if you want to play with friends and friends only (or, alone) you can choose to start a session that's called "invite only" so you can play on your own, and if YOU like, you can invite friends over to join you. That's what I play like 99% of the time when I play online. I hate the zoo out there, also known as public or free for all. Now. You fire up the game and already there you can choose to either play SP (hey, why not a detached exe here? or for that matter, why not a separate game you can buy, SP only) or online. If you choose online, you'll skip all the menus and will be sent straight into the zoo. There's no option menu until you're already out there among those animals.

If you want to play privately, you need to fire up SP. From there, go to the MP menu. Within there is a sub-menu with the option to start an invite only session.

WHY the flipping heck can't I choose that when I fire up the game, when I choose between SP and MP, why can't I choose to play privately right there? No, I have to start SP, actually pop up in my last saved game, and have to go through like three minutes of loading screens and menus in total until I'm finally in a private session. :banghead:

Some people could now say, three minutes isn't much. Well. Imagine you played with a group of friends, those heist missions, and your game crashed. You know that they won't see you return for some eternal three minutes. They might either bore themselves to death or find a replacement or quit, before you have got a chance to tell them what had happened. OK, you would also have to contact one of them before you join so they could invite you into their inherited invite-only session. All a bit weird but mostly annoying because the choice is there but locked away when you start the game. You need to start first and then change. :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

I can agree on that. Also, the networking of GTA Online is messed up. Me and BinnZ frequently disconnected despite it was just me and him in the same session :banghead: Even desyncs is annoying with the networking R* chose. They could learn something from Ubisoft Massive and Bungie, the Division and Destiny 2 have none of those disconnects like in GTA Online. Ubisoft uses a dedicated server model for their networking where the server hosts the game and players connect to that server. The server authorize some player actions (weapon handling/hit detection) while movement is client side.

Bungie runs the same system, although player communication is P2P. Their servers host the activity, but what happens between players is not authorized by the server. Doubt that GTA hosts activities on a server as me and BinnZ disconnected while doing the same activies too. He also has issues with the hit detection being sloppy :banghead:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

oh yeah, desyncs.. I was racing the city track with Binn and kept thinking he had stopped, missed a turn and stuff like that. Turned out to be desyncs, moments later he was a mile ahead of me on the mini-map. Or traffic that is or isn't there, pops up out of thin air..

Hell, he and I both had this one moment when we were synced and close to each other, we both saw the same traffic light break and fall over, into the lanes of the street we were driving on -- as if a ghost truck had hit it. Of course we were talking about that because it was so strange.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. I still remember when you asked me to photograph a van when we were heisting and you asked me why I didn't snagged the license plate :laughsm: Damn desyncs made the car stand crashed in a wall on my screen.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

I was a passenger with Binnatics once and his helicopter frequently crashed into buildings :laughsm:

PZ

It is difficult to fly a helicopter in my experience. I remember playing Battlefield with my son and an associate of his who was very good flying copters. His friend flew the chopper using it's guns and rockets, and my son and I were hanging out each side of the helicopter with our rockets launchers. At times a foe would see 3 rockets heading their way simultaneously  :D

It must have been funny - a tiny helicopter flying around with hugely overpowering firepower. We were never shot down, and dealt out devastating results.  I could never fly a helicopter like that if I were to practice every day of my life.

Art Blade

hahaha :anigrin:

Only in G's case it was a matter of seeing something that never happened, because the synchronisation was off. Binn is an excellent chopper pilot :thumbsup:

G: ah man, I had stuff like that happen to me.

I was riding shotgun and kept thinking that wall there was going to be the end of us and BANG we crashed into it, went for that wall, full speed, beeline. The driver? No swerving, no wavering, not a second of doubt it could be wrong to light-speed into that wall, no sir, head on we crashed into it.

Only, the driver kept talking completely calm as a coma while I considered myself a red smear on that wall, with teeth sticking out of it. Those are our beloved desyncs, don't we all love them to bits. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

BinnZ

You can now purchase your own scuba gear in online:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

So now you can endlessly do whatever you desire below water surface. Just select your presaved outfit with the scuba suit and Bob's your uncle. You can now have 20 different saved outfits btw ;)

And I found the Golden Double Action Revolver. If I ever be able to get RDR2 on PC, I have a nice weapon there too, already  8)

"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳