Connecting a PS4 controller to a PC

Started by PZ, April 09, 2017, 11:24:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Anyone know if this thing will actually w0#k connecting the Sony controller to a PC to run games?  :huh-new:

Art Blade

no idea.

First you should find out whether or not the game accepts a PS4 controller. Else, that thing is worthless.

PZ

Evidently you still need to use DS4Windows which is a 360 emulator.  This thing sounds to be rather bogus after seeing some of the reviews.

PZ

Well, I just downloaded the free DS4 app from this site, installed it, and I can now use the PS4 controller to play all the games I have tried so far including the AC series, FC2, FC3, FO4 and the JC series.  I suspect it will be able to play any game because you can map custom profiles if needed. The controller works perfectly in Windows now, and is as smooth as silk. I can see myself using this for driving while still using the mouse for shooting and such, ala D_B

LowPolyOWG

PCGamingWiki's DS4 article might be worth a read. Still recommend using MS controllers due to better support
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Thanks - that article was one that got me thinking about what to do.  I just finished playing a few hours of AC: Brotherhood, and loved the controller in the game.  All I needed do was choose the xBox controller in the menu and everything was good to go - the buttons were mapped good enough (although you can change the mapping).  I've never had so many chain kills in all the time I've played the series.  :bigsmile:

Art Blade

keyboard, mouse and controller -- I'm used to that setup now and wouldn't want to play without the controller nearby.

PZ

I thought I might use the mouse/keyboard for certain functions, but in Brotherhood I found that the controller itself was all I wanted - don't need to aim a gun.  I'm interested to see if FC2 still has the auto aim assist like in the Playstation version.

PZ

I forgot how funny AC:Brotherhood is - I was notorious and needed to quickly decrease notoriety - went to a herald who charged me the outrageous fee of 500 florins.  After grumbling a bit I simply turned around and pick-pocked the 500 florins back - he seemed a bit bewildered.  :laughsm:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳