Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

LowPolyOWG

I prefer using sync shot on them :evil2: Or, I put a .50 cal round into their heads :evil2: :evil2: The HTI definitely lives up to its name; Hard Target Interdiction :anigrin:

Currently using the SCAR-H/HTI combo, a good one ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

I love using the sync shot - sometimes clear an entire area using that method.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Finished this week's solo challenges. Got a free weapon camo as a result

Assassinating someone with a bang :evil2:

The draw distance is very impressive

Draw distance 2

Impressive, even on the nights

Looks familiar?

Drone assassination

Drone Skill tree

Maxed out weapon skills

Player attributes

Squad skills

Rebel support

PZ

LowPolyOWG

I assume UBI*bleep* is kind enough to give us stuff for free :gnehe:

PZ

The Fallen Ghosts DLC appears to be better than the rather crappy Narco Road DLC, at least in this trailer. I'll be looking forward to actual game play. Evidently there is lots new, and you start off as a level 30 player with all the skills you developed in the main game.

LowPolyOWG

Sounds nice :gnehe:

I didn't gave you a proper response soo: Challenges are a set of optional tasks that needs to be completed during the week and gives you a free reward (for now, it's additional camo patterns)

Btw, Far Cry 5 is officially announced by UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep*

Oh, UBI*bleep**bleep* is risking getting bought out by Vivendi, which is more scummy than pre-2014 Ubisoft... Even UBI*bleep**bleep*'s own CEO Yves Guillemot fears them. According to a reddit post, Vivendi throws out key people from acquired companies and then insert their own people and are even more greedy than Activi$ion/EA/UBI*bleep**bleep*. They even cut down the Canal+ service in France...

Just a little heads up if FC5 turns into a microtransaction shitfest...

PZ

Dang, that's too bad.   :undecided-new:  It might be the end of the Far Cry series for me.

I am not hoping too much for sequels anyway - the standard theme appears to be "make it worse with each subsequent version". One of the few for me that did not fall into this pattern was the transition from AC1 to AC2, and through the end of the Ezio series.

nex

Reading your posts convinced me to purchase the pc Deluxe version of the game PZ   :anigrin:
Also did some reading up on the pc version. I get the impression this game is what we all hoped and expected
FARCRY 3/4 was supposed to be. I hope I get used to third person.... :undecided-new:   
https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-CA/news/164-284874-16/pc-version-overview

I opted getting it on Steam rather than buying a hard copy, saved about ZAR300.00

Depending on how my Graphics Card handles the game will determine
the need for a bigger Card, according to the stats my card can handle it on low settings    :-X

The game file is 43.5GB and expected download time is around 10.30 hrs  ???

Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Nex, would your network suffice so we and you could play together? Almost done with the game and I wouldn't mind helping a noob in Bolivia :anigrin:

PZ

Gosh I hope it works for you nex  O0

I've heard that the PC version can have problems but GKID has not mentioned much wrong.  I'm doing the PS4 version so I can play with my son, and it works perfectly.  Our co-op sessions are probably the best I have experienced in any game, so I hope you and GKID can hook up. Working together, you can do missions even if one of you have done them before, and most importantly, collect weapons, items, etc.

The 3rd person is kind of cool because you can see how your character is outfitted with weapons, clothing, and accessories. The game automatically switches to 1st person when you aim your weapon.  What I like about the 3rd person view when moving about is that you see so much more of your surroundings - 1st makes me feel kind of like I have tunnel vision.

I just played solo this morning looking for more loot, and it was loads of fun - you can literally approach a mission from any aspect you want.  Shame that it is such a long download  :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

There are some frame rate drops when entering and exiting buildings in some areas. Other than that, the game runs stable.
New patch that fixes bugs etc

Art Blade

as a steam user you don't have to worry about patches -- which is good as long as your connection can handle the downloads and bad if you have any limits (slow being one, having to pay for extra data volume once a limit is exceeded is obviously worse) or if you want to avoid patches as some of us did when the FC2 tape glitch was introduced by a patch. Generally I am a very happy steam user. My games are always up to date and the steam cloud keeps my savegames. Once you log in with a new computer, you can just download the game AND the save games and just continue where you left.

Tags:
🡱 🡳