Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

he knew perfectly well that staying wouldn't exactly have ended in worshipping him. More like crucifying.. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

nex

UBI*bleep* can't or won't fix the vehicle spawn glitch  :banghead:

At one of the Rally Points you only have a motorcycle available,
so you ask the Rebel leader for a vehicle, the Rally Point you're at is close to a river.
Sure enough he sends you a vehicle, the only problem is, the vehicle spawns
a fair distance from your location on the opposite side of the river amongst 
rocks with no way to get the vehicle away from there.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

If you look at the hud, the blue triangle at the top is me, just above the bottom
pink blotch is a tiny blue triangle (the drone) at a vehicle shown in white (the spawned vehicle) 
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

that's not nice at all ???

Reminds me of Rockstar and GTAO, you can order your mechanic to deliver a vehicle to your location (I've seen old footage, supposedly pre-release, where the mechanic was actually driving up in your car, parked it and disappeared but the mechanic no longer does it, vehicles just spawn) and it almost never works well. Usually the car is being delivered where you're not looking (i.e. behind you) because games don't like the player to watch stuff spawning. And quite often, the car ends up on the other side of the street, sometimes across an intersection and at worst, around the corner of the block. Or, you're on a freeway, the upper section, and below you and across, there's another road.. indeed, the car spawns somewhere below you and you have to find a way to get there. It gets better -- your aircraft, like a small chopper, only spawns at airports or on a few select heli pads. Meaning you have to travel there, sometimes for minutes. Only when they introduced a DLC that allowed you to become boss of an organisation, you could order vehicles from that organisation which were promptly placed right at your feet, excellent. So they CAN do it right. Why, oh why don't they always do it right for the player..

Maybe you can trick your game knowing that it doesn't want you to watch. Look away and up into the sky, that Is what worked in GTAO, at least the street vehicles would spawn rather closely like that.

nex

It's a major glitch in the development of the game apparently, I had a chopper spawning in the middle of a military base,
another one spawned on the side of a steep mountain, as the chopper hit the ground it
started sliding down the mountain stopping against a tree, making it useless.

Reading all the complains by other players makes me think the devs planned it that way   :banghead:

Art Blade

stuff like that always makes me wonder what the heck those people in QA were doing. This isn't a rare thing that one might stumble upon only under the weirdest of circumstances. No, it's one of the main features.

LowPolyOWG

WD2 had the same issue. It does run on the same game engine (AnvilNext 2.0) and a patch fixed the vehicle spawning issue. I wonder how that algorithm has changed for GRW.

Yeah, I remember that from GTA O. Before that, the mechanic could even "steal" the car :laughsm: He uses the standard "panick" reaction by the AI so he would drive off, if you scared him

PZ

That's as stupid as it gets. I stop trying those ridiculous challenges after the second try and never go back.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. There are some design choices R* should have fixed in GTA O by now. Unless it's a coded mess beneath.

Haven't played GRW for some time now, but I might return :)

LowPolyOWG

With the improved heli handling update, they now have a proper aiming reticle as GTA V. I'm raining down hell at the Santa Blanca troops :gnehe:

Co-op session with my friend from Hamar. I helped him getting the MSR, Deagle and the HTI :anigrin: Just encountered this little glitch. Rather than spawning in the air, the heli decided to spawn on the ground :laughsm:

lvl 28 AK. It's a waste to upgrade it, the SCAR-H (Mk. 17) does the same damage as a lvl 30 AK on level 20 ??? But, I like the gold, it reminds me of the AK from FC2 and FC4  :bigsmile: I leveled up the Deagle to max level. It's insane! I stop the convoy trucks with 1 magazine :anigrin: :laughsm: For damage, upgrade the SCAR-H/HTI and the Deagle :evil2:

PZ

Cool! Did they fix the flying mechanics?

LowPolyOWG

That was the 6th patch. Yes, they did. It's an improvement  :)

PZ

Excellent - I love the game, but hated flying  :banghead:

nex

I only experienced the change when I started a new playthrough.
Before that I couldn't land one Aircraft, I crashed the ones that wasn't shot down,
and afterwards I even managed to dodge some sam's, the fix made a huge difference   

Tags:
🡱 🡳