Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

nex

I've basically completed my second playthrough PZ, but am working on getting to Tier One,
almost on Tier Twelve and that's why I'm just going around attacking convoys,
picking fights with Unidad patrols and attacking their basis, convoy attacks is the
quickest way to get to Tier One but also less action.
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Nice w0#k, nex!  I really like Wildlands, but for some reason, I like AC Origins better right now. I'm finishing doing things after my 2nd play through, and thinking of starting a 3rd before I go back to Wildlands.  Then another game I need to w0#k on is Watch Dogs 2, which I also did not finish, but like quite a bit.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: nex on December 31, 2017, 03:17:17 PM
I've basically completed my second playthrough PZ, but am working on getting to Tier One,
almost on Tier Twelve and that's why I'm just going around attacking convoys,
picking fights with Unidad patrols and attacking their basis, convoy attacks is the
quickest way to get to Tier One but also less action.

O0 Nice! I am at tier 20 :bigsmile:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

nex

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tier 10 now and getting a bit hectic, you fire a shot or throw a grenade and run like hell
in the opposite direction before they beam in on you, circle around and do the same
from another location    :anigrin:

I'm still enjoying the game, the only thing I would have likes is first person driving   

PZ

It sounds like Tier 10 was built using the code from FC2 in which every merc knew instantly where you are, and immediately rained down insanely devastating fire power from every possible angle.

One thing I do not particularly care for in most video games is that they become more difficult as you progress while using the same proficiencies you develop along the progression. 

To me, that would be like having a job in real life which becomes more difficult the longer you do it. For example, when I built my deck I would have become seriously annoyed if the outcome worsened with every board I placed.  :gnehe:

Of course, that is just my own personal skewed view of life - I believe one should become more proficient with practice, or we should make a change in the old phrase "practice makes perfect" to "practice makes incompetence"  :-X

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: nex on January 10, 2018, 06:58:32 AM
I'm still enjoying the game, the only thing I would have likes is first person driving   

Far Cry 5 will let you do that :evil2:

nex

You're right PZ, the higher the Tier the more intense the attacks on you.
I had to rescue a guy from the cartel, the rescue went without a glitch,
but the moment I stashed him into a vehicle to deliver to my handler
all hell broke loose.
Cartel and unidad vehicles zeroed in on me from the front and back,
then choppers arrived from all directions, and the more you eliminate the more 
arrive on the scene, and all of them, and I mean ALL OF THEM were
firing at me, and to make it worse, the idiot I try to rescue either shoots at me as well
or keep on running away   :banghead:

PZ

Quote from: nex on January 10, 2018, 09:07:14 AM
... and to make it worse, the idiot I try to rescue either shoots at me as well
or keep on running away   :banghead:

:D

There is a relatively new "horde mode" (or words to that effect) insane difficulty in Origins that works much the same way - they keep on coming indefinitely according to what I read.  Oh well, for some guys the most fun part is the killing and action, and for others like me, developing a stealthy approach and successfully making my escape without even being discovered is where most of the fun lies.

Art Blade

real stealth is rare in games. Infiltrate undetected, perhaps kill a few guys without anyone noticing, hide the bodies and sneak out undetected.. the only game I've played that not only allows for that but is made for it, is Hitman. Of course you can play that differently as in go in guns blazing but chances are you're not going to survive that. The Assassin's Creed series almost always have got open (mass-) fights and duels and stuff like that, so it's not exactly made for it but at least you get to play sometimes in a stealthy fashion.

LowPolyOWG

Ubisoft produced the Splinter Cell series. Similar to Hitman, but in a covert military operations setting.

Art Blade

heard about it, but while I like Hitman because of its dark humor, Splinter Cell was way too serious and military for my taste. :)

And worth mentioning, it's another bloody UBI*bleep* game.

fragger

I thought Far Cry 4 was actually pretty good for employing stealthy approaches when liberating outposts, rescuing hostages and even for completing some main missions. It would also reward you for remaining undetected while liberating outposts in the form of bonus XPs.

Dues Ex was another good stealth game (the original) although it was a tad flawed in that you could hide bodies, but most of the time you could leave them laying wherever they were and the other guards wouldn't even blink at them. Only on rare occasions would they notice a body and become alerted.

Tags:
🡱 🡳