Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

There will be more games encouraging stealth but I never played them. I suppose one could count in the Metal Gear Solid franchise, a few of which looked quite intriguing but I never played them, and Dishonored 1 and 2 as well. As far as I can tell (from watching various playthroughs) those games may be played stealthily or guns blazing which is interesting that both options seem to w0#k well.

nex

With Wildlands the actual mission can be done relatively stealthy,
like this one and a few other missions, to get to the person you need
to extract can be done in the quiet.
But before you do the actual extraction you have to communicate
with this person first, and that's when the wheels come off,
In every case you have to grab the person around the neck with one arm
and drag them to whichever transport you have available, force the person into the
vehicle/chopper and leave the area.
Regardless of what firearm you holding at the time, it switches to your handgun.
So you dragging a reluctant person around with one arm while trying to
fight off 10-15 machine gun wielding drug induced psychopaths with a @#$& handgun......
not to mention the choppers zeroing in from all direction, and to make it worse,
your squad members are as helpful as a burr under your sadle  :banghead: :banghead:   

But hey! otherwise the game is fine   :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

PZ

Well, I still like Wildlands, but Origins is one step further in stealth. Unlike prior AC games, almost everything other than some of the main missions can be done entirely stealthily.

Art Blade

nex

I tried AC Black flag and I don't think I spent more than an hour on the game  :undecided-new:
I could not get used to the key mapping for starters, you have to press a combination of keys if you
want the character to do something. They got it right with FarCry and Wildlands,
so why they yanked the dam out from under the duck's *bleep* with AC I don't know.
Some tasks I could not execute, I remember one such task,
You had eavesdrop on a couple of guys while they strolling along through the streets of the town,
you needed to be within earshot otherwise the mission fails, while trying to do that you have to
dodge soldiers and cops whom are patrolling the streets.    :banghead: 
And of course, I'm not fond of third person games.
I struggled a bit in Wildlands, but swapping to first person when shooting
does make a difference.
So I don't think I will try another AC again

nex

I just reached Tier 8
Man, it's getting hectic, what I like about the "Tier One" thing of this game,
starting off at Tier 50 moving towards Tier 1 the difficulty level gradually moves up.
The game is still very much playable, the missions just become more difficult and you have to
rely more on your available resources.

From the time I reached Tier 10 I'm using the drone's functions more often and with great effect,
you can remotely detonate an explosion, revive team members and my favorite, the EMP.
It disables all nearby electronics like alarms, generators and light panels without a sound.
I also brought done a few helicopters with it, you take it up high enough and close to a
chopper flying over then detonate the EMP, the chopper falls like a rock!!    :anigrin:   

LowPolyOWG

O0 Haven't played GRW in awhile. Looks like you have fun :bigsmile: I prefer using the medic skill and my maxed out weapons do the killing part :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

I do too, but sitting on Tier 8 things are a bit different.
You have twice the amount of enemies on support at twice the rate
of re spawning at more than twice the rate of intensity all zeroing in on you
and, you get killed much quicker...

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

that doesn't exactly sound like a walk in the park anymore ???

nex

No it's not, but if you keep your wits about you then it is still a lot of fun.
Lucky I was around Tier 30 when I finished all the missions, but decided to attack installations
and convoys which brought me to where I am now.
Once all missions are done you can redo any of the missions, and this is where the fun comes in.
Doing a mission before hitting Tier 20 and redoing that same mission on Tier 10 is a total different ball game.

Art Blade

that sounds cool O0 I'm glad you're having fun, nex  :)

PZ

Yes, it does sound like you're having a blast, nex!

nex

I'm having fun with this game like I had with FC2.
And it might get better, there is light in the tunnel concerning
a new GPU.
My supplier is getting GTX1060 stock soon, then I can take video clips  O0 

Tags:
🡱 🡳