Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

This site got the gold edition for 67 euros.

IsThereAnyDeal is also a good friend. Best part is that all retailers listed here are 100% legal, they're not grey market key sellers like Kinguin/G2A/Cdkeys...

NOTE: Those are Uplay keys only and the Steam version isn't on sale yet.

For whatever reasons, Ubisoft love unskippable cutscenes :banghead: Better do this so you can instantly jump into the game ;)

Remember that you can exchange 100 Uplay points for a -20% on the Uplay store in case you're not willing to register on another store front ;)

Ubisoft seems to be investing into player feedback as well, they are active on fan made subreddits and are adding new things for free based on player feedback ??? What a change!

Alright, pulled the trigger and bought the game. PZ's recordings got me hooked already :-X :bigsmile: Bought it at gamesplanet.uk which had the gold edition for sale for like 60 GBP (about 660 NOK). What a steal, it included the season pass for just 1/5 of the price :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Next thing to do: Delete cutscenes. Buy the Doorkicker pack (Need my golden AK :evil2:) Customize said AK. Kill some bad guys. ?? Profit  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Found this bad boy/Ma Deuce in Montoyuc Training facility :evil2: :evil2: Gotta love them .50 cals  :anigrin: The only thing I miss in this game are rocket launchers :huh-new: UBI*bleep*, why didn't you include more explosive options?

PZ

My son warned me yesterday not to purchase the Narco Road DLC unless I like races  :banghead: He claims it is mostly races, and is set in Peru rather than Bolivia so it is not even the same map! UBI*bleep* did a good thing with the main game, but then had to go and ruin it with exactly the kind of DLC I hate the most.  At least I was warned off, because I would have gone with it had I not received that useful intel. Those UBI*bleep* people just cannot help themselves - once they realize they have done a good thing, they feel the need to go in and do something completely outrageous just to maintain their crappy reputation.

I'm waiting for the PC version to drop and I'll get it for that platform, but I am concerned about some of the problems encountered by some users. So far there has been nothing in the console version that is wrong - you can skip through the cut scenes, all icons are i=on the mini map, and everything runs as smooth as silk.

However, there was one instance where my son told me to get in the car and it was not there  :D  He got into a different one and all was good. Might have been a coop play problem.

Hope you like the game GKID - I love it and eagerly anticipate the next time I can go in because yesterday we opened lots of interesting areas of the map.  O0

LowPolyOWG

It runs ok for me (40-60 fps), with a mix of high/ultra settings. This game definitely takes advantage of enthusiast grade hardware I assume

PZ

I'm interested in your impressions of the PC version, GKID  O0

LowPolyOWG

Apparently, the gameplay reminds me of SP BFBC2, you are in a squad. Also, bullets are actual bullets rather than traditional hitscans. Really makes the game immersive. I had some lucky long range shots with my .50 cal AMR. I wish UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep* could have added a semi auto .50 cal rather than a bolt action one. Would be a better (if not an overpowered way) to stop convoys as its annoying that you need to ram the vehicles out of the way. Zeroing the sniper scope would also be nice. Would help with the suppressor equipped, bullets seem to loose their velocity and drop much earlier without it. BF4/BF1 have this feature in the range from 100-1000 meters (BF4) or 75-150-300 meters (BF1). Higher zoom scopes would be nice, I would be happy if I could have a 10-20-40x scope option rather than up to 6x zoom.

You can't even do drive-bys by yourself either. Lost potential there... Unless you are playing co-op of course.

It seems UBI*bleep**bleep**bleep**bleep* Paris' game designers dislike flying, helis feel slow to pilot and there are no way to change weapons/aim correctly... Must be a late add-on during development. Can't even counter SAM sites either  :undecided-new: The lack of rocket launchers is a shame. It would fit perfectly into gameplay. While, you have underbarrel GLs, launchers will always bring the most bang for the buck  :gnehe:

Gun customization is awesome. Well, I built my AK-47 like an "Alpha" kit AK. Using an extended barrel/silencer, hybrid gun sight, 3-point laser and a 50 round RPK mag. It's of course gold painted :anigrin: The Russian Spetsnaz have their AKs with a similar setup (minus the gold paint/50 round mag). I might do the same to the AK12 when I find that.

My HTI is fitted with the G28 scope, long barrel and the optional silencer. The G28 scope allows me to utilize the rifle as a powerful .50 cal CQB rifle. Currently hunting down the T5xi scope in the salty deserts in the north west corner. Also raided the Deagle from Unidad :anigrin:

Art Blade

I've watched 2 hours of the combined cutscenes (and some player action necessary to connect some of them) and watched both endings. Before all of that, I watched some actual gameplay. The map apparently is huge, the freedom to do whatever you like whenever you like as in non-linear is also cool. Customisation is something I really like, both for character appearance and weapon loadouts. But the story.. man..

Overall, the story is silly. Somehow, just like that, a handful of clowns, a motley crew of renown US intelligence agencies, decide to descend on, err, to, the ground of a remote country that happens to be Bolivia, effortlessly gather all intel, whip up connections necessary and bring down a whole narco state. Of course in no more than a couple of days. Seriously?  :banghead:

However, I recognise a couple of "cameos"  -- real life cartel figures -- such as the "stew maker" which was depicted quite accurately and the nurse which wasn't really accurate at all regarding her role but her face/body were very accurate -- she actually was a drug lord of the (Colombian) Medellín Cartel by the name of Griselda Blanco, take a look here)

Her pic is here
Spoiler

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

Being a Tom Clancy branded title I can understand how silly that is. Tom Clancy is a real life author and most of his books are about fictional clandestine operations/conflicts.

Looks like the *bleep*s decided to clone themselves  :laughsm:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I think they were inspired by a US TV series by the name of Homeland in which a leading role is played by a blonde CIA operative who's tough as nails but also bipolar (needs to take meds) with a background of and ongoing missions against al-Qaeda/IS terrorism -- she seems to be the role model for the group leader Bowman, even acts and looks somewhat alike.

What I really didn't like was the voice acting. Particularly Bowman's attitude that was in her voice. Could have been a lot more professional and neutral but she keeps swearing like a trooper and has something about her that makes her look like a self-inflated pig-head who's WAY too self-opinionated. Annoying, really.

In other words, to me, she's so disgusting and the story so horrible that I won't buy the game. I'd be fighting my aversions more than the actual enemy. :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Probably ;)

Here are some pics from my adventure in Bolivia

My take on the Alpha AK used by Russians. I asume the AK12 will be a better fit once I find that.

My player character

OP *bleep* is good *bleep*

Interrogating a Unidad officer with the mighty Deagle

Bye bye

PZ

Griselda looks like she has enjoyed a few too many tacos  :gnehe:

What were you shooting in that last pic GKID?

LowPolyOWG

PZ

Cool - I'm using the MSR and often use it to shoot through engine blocks disabling the vehicles so a Lieutenant cannot escape.

Here's a review on how bad Wildlands is, and after reading it, would tempt me into purchasing it, just like the bad reviews of FC2  :gnehe:

I'm afraid that I'm not nearly as clever a gamer as this author

http://www.thepostathens.com/article/2017/04/ghost-recon-wildlands-broken-disappointing-review

Parts of this review is how I see the game, but again, the bad is what I appreciate.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n27320/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-review

Tags:
🡱 🡳