Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

Cool stories, nex :thumbsup: And nice videos too!

lol, those guys running in front of your scope... Survival instincts: zero :gnehe:

nex

Thanks fragger.
It is a pain sometimes, but you get used to it.
You do have some control over your squad, but it's better to just
let them "free range", they find their own way around to
best neutralize the attackers.

Art Blade

that is cool. AI guys who do something the right way without having to tell them how :gnehe:

fragger

True. Or without fragging you, or getting you shot.

Can't remember what game it was, might have been an old Call of Duty one. Quite a while ago anyway. One of my guys tried to chuck a grenade through a window but instead the grenade hit the window frame, bounced back and blew both of us up :banghead: I think the other guy's name was Stan Laurel...

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: :anigrin:

Anyway, the squadmates doesn't do much damage, unless you sync shot enemies... Oh, Ubisoft! :puke:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

Disagree with you there GKID, often you hear one of them ask, "what do we do boss?"
when there are enemy nearby, you just press the fire button and they attack,
sometimes they even start the fight.
That got me into trouble a time or two, I'm busy sneaking around near a road and UNIDAD
patrol vehicle comes past, I drop flat on my belly so they don't spot me,
my squad on the other hand start a fight and all hell brake loose

nex

I just did this video to show what I mean.
After I started the fight the sicarios came after me, my squad only followed them
without doing anything and only attacked when I gave the command

LowPolyOWG

Ah. Well, the players can usually two-tap them and I might have compared it without any skill upgrades. I have seen NPCs shrug off gatling gun fire though

nex

Quote from: OWGKID on February 11, 2019, 09:46:32 AM
I have seen NPCs shrug off gatling gun fire though
I don't see the connection between the efficiency of the squad members and NPCs
shrugging off gatling fire

LowPolyOWG

Umm, as in, absorbing bullets  ;) Or, often known as bullet sponges. Not necessarily your sqaudmates, but maybe the rebels.

Art Blade

I don't see the connection either..

After you said that squad mates were inefficient unless they performed synced shots, nex showed you how his guys did exactly what he told them to, like attack the group that went right past them, and when they did, they killed that group, quickly I might add. Very efficient, even without nex orchestrating any sync shots. Nice vid by the way, nex  O0

This one part of your reply, "I have seen NPCs shrug off gatling gun fire though," came out of the blue. It sounds as if you connected something completely different with your original statement (and the ongoing conversation) that you thought squad members were not efficient unless they performed synced shots.

nex

Thanks Art, I'm busy with the second part of the Silent Spade mission
and will post it as soon as I've uploaded it on Youtube

LowPolyOWG

Well, sync shots are instant kills, while anything else isn't. Unless you're the player. I think I should have said that the AI isn't on the same level as a player when it comes to killing stuff in one hit, outside of sync shots. The AI doesn't do well against UNIDAD gunships. I think I have seen AIs taking and dealing less damage with turrets compared to a player controlled character. Which I should have said instead :-X

Anyway, what we define as efficiency is probably a subjective opinion

Tags:
🡱 🡳