Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

I'm really glad you're enjoying the game PZ, other than the convoy vehicles doing the same route
all the time I haven't found any repeated scenario
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

I have not used the rebel recons so far, but it is soon on my list of things to do.

What is the "glitch" you mentioned?

nex

I'm not sure it is a glitch, but you/your squad members can actually
shoot the guys through the walls

nex

The mission is to blow up a door and de-activate a pc in the building, usually there
are about 6-8 guys in the building

nex

Art Blade

that was a cool vid to watch, mate :anigrin:

Not too bad an idea to draw some guys out into the woods and then dispatch one after another although I think it was more of a lucky turn than an actual plan :)

nex

Yes it was luck  :-X
Very seldom can you pull a complete stealth in this game so you have to be ready and in a position to move and attack
from another angle, that's how unpredictable this game is and why I enjoy it so much.

PZ

Indeed - very much an open world in which you can approach from many different angles, literally

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on March 29, 2019, 08:20:45 AM
Indeed - very much an open world in which you can approach from many different angles, literally

A staple of Ubified open world games ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Quote from: nex on March 26, 2019, 04:43:18 AM
While I was testing the other day, I changed D3Dgear's resolution to 1920X1080, the file was around 8 min but about 1.5 Gb in size
So the best res on D3D is 1280X720

When I watched your recent vids, I found the quality quite good. So I changed my mind: I too used 1280*720 for my last two vids now and I'll stick with it when recording with that software. The raw video file size is acceptable and about 1/3 of 1920*1080 recordings. The video quality on YouTube is quite acceptable, too.

nex

I would like the quality of youtube vids to improve, it's still a bit blurry

Art Blade

I use "good" quality/compression with D3DGear, it produces the smallest video file size, and 1280*720 resolution. I suppose you use the same setup. I'd recommend you watch that raw video first, then crunch it with HandBrake and then watch that crunched video. I assume you'll notice a slight decrease in quality, just enough to blur it a bit.

Uploading that to YouTube causes them to compress it yet again, and that adds yet another bit of blur. I know there are really crisp vids out there but that lossless quality may be only for premium users, no idea why most gaming vids from people like us are suffering from a bit of quality loss. I uploaded maximum quality and yet it was never as crisp as we see it when actually playing the game.

The only way you can avoid some of the blur is definitely requiring larger files to upload, like 1080p/60 best quality. It is quite good but when I did that, a recording of a fast paced motorcycle race first person, it was so damn pixelated I couldn't believe it.

In other words.. leave it as it is :anigrin: I can read most of the stuff on screen in your vids, just the very fine and tiny fonts get washed out a bit.

nex

Quality/compress ratio on mine is set on "Best", maybe I should try "Good" and see what happens

nex

Tags:
🡱 🡳