Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

this is the first time I notice a bullet drop, even quite significantly. Does the tier mode iron that out?

nex

Tier Mode has a damage progress bar, when you reach level 30 (Tier Mode)
the damage strength progress bar starts on 0 and goes up to 30,
all other stats remain the same.
In the first clip the HTI's damage strength was on 3, with this clip I up'd it to 8.
There's no increase in range, just an increase in damage.
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

wow. :)

I remember commenting on nice long range shots with the crossbow, that was a 220+m shot that seemed to go straight into a guy. I realise that now you're shooting about twice the distance and now I see the bullet drop. I think I didn't realise the range difference nor that you aimed higher to compensate. :)

LowPolyOWG

My HTI BDC is lvl 30 so it one shots everything :anigrin: I have replaced it with my Serbu BFG-50A, which fires faster and can do the same damage at lvl 30. It's only available to Fallen Ghost DLC owners. Deagle at lvl 30 is very OP, it can disable convoy trucks with one mag :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

I doubt if there is one game where the devs used the actual stats on their weapons Art.
In the game I have to compensate quite a bit to hit the mark at around 500m.
When I was in Namibia using my 30-06 with 180 grain round I shot a Gemsbuck (Oryx gazella) at about 300m, the round went in exactly where I aimed.
My 30-06 is a far cry from the HTI but, compared to the HTI in the game, my rifle is more accurate than it.

The HTI (Hard Target Interdiction) rifle is a lightweight, bolt action operated, magazine-fed firearm. It's bullpup design makes it the most compact and portable Hard Target Interdiction rifle in the world,
10.5 pounds lighter and 11.5 inches shorter than the M107 - .50 BMG rifle currently in use. The HTI sniper rifle is a convertible multi-caliber extreme range weapon.
Caliber options include .50 BMG, .416 Barret, .408 CheyTac, and .375 CheyTac. All chamberings are capable of 2000+ yard engagements with phenomenal penetration.

LowPolyOWG

The engine is the same used for Assassin's Creed (AnvilNext) and speaking with different people on the internet, it's a poorly designed engine for GRW/R6 Siege/online environments. Vehicle physics are hilariously broken, PC version struggles with perfomance and bullet mechanics might be very unrealistic. Netcode are also rubbish, Anvil was never designed for online, so some games like For Honor, had to get dedicated servers post launch, after major fan outcry. For Wildlands, people are reporting poor hit detection in PvP modes. In other words, UBI*bleep* used the wrong tool for the job. Seeing how Anvil supports 3rd person combat/large map size (GRW is about 440 km^2) I guess they had no other option. I wonder why the R6 Siege devs decided to not use Dunia, as that is a proper fps engine.

PZ

Looks like you are using exploding rounds of some kind? My hits on things never result in explosions.

Art Blade

Quote from: nex on April 08, 2019, 06:16:04 AM
I doubt if there is one game where the devs used the actual stats on their weapons Art.
In the game I have to compensate quite a bit to hit the mark at around 500m.

Indeed.. unfortunately the bullet drop in many "realistic" games is so very exaggerated that it's almost equivalent to throwing stones. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on April 08, 2019, 08:28:46 AM
Looks like you are using exploding rounds of some kind? My hits on things never result in explosions.

You need more damage ;) I think vehicles only explode in 1 hit, if there are AI inside them. Kinda like FC3/FC4 when you used the AMR. If not, they slowly catch on fire and explode soon after.

PZ

I see - I guess I need to discover how to increase damage in the most efficient way

nex

Damage level in Tier Mode makes a huge difference PZ.
Although it doesn't stop vehicles as effective as the Desert tech, the HTI is in my opinion better
than the other sniper rifles.

nex

Quote from: nex on April 05, 2019, 01:31:30 PM
The asault rifle is the LVOA-C Bad News, it has an under barrel GL and will be available
after completing the most difficult mission of all, getting the big man himself.
My Apologies PZ, the LVOA-C Bad News will be available once you reach Tier 5
If you can, get the TAR-21 till then, one of the best assault rifles in the game.
It's available in the Choza Padre village Montuyoc Province

nex

Art Blade

funny how the civilians keep walking up and down not caring at all, between more and more bodies LOL

nex, by the way, I found that 50 rather than 60 frames (1280*720) are just as fine but it reduces the file size quite a bit, especially with those long videos that you produce you might want to check it out :)

nex

Thanks Art, will check it out  O0
Yes, GRW missions can not be rushed and are quite long. A number of missions I won't record because of that

Tags:
🡱 🡳