Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

probably the Zen aspect of it, you can go on full meditation mode while waiting for the game to update :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Gameplay

Reveal

Alright, a sequel called Ghost Recon Breakpoint was revealed today.
Looks like a semi-futuristic take on Wildlands, with drones etc. Coming in October this year. You can now slide down slopes. Well, being an Ubified product, they are now pulling a Division 2/Far Cry 3. You are on a Pacific Island, hunting down rogue Ghosts and their commander. And you can loot stuff/do raids. In true MMO fashion, you can now build yourself around a specific set of skills. Oh, Ubisoft!

PZ

Dang, the game play video is not available in my country. Might need to use VPN and pretend to be elsewhere.

Art Blade

funny. Long ago, I was the one who kept getting locked out, now it's better here but starting to get worse elsewhere.

nex

Looks like it's mainly a co-op game and WON'T be available on Steam
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

Too bad - I'm not much interested in co-op games  :undecided-new:

LowPolyOWG

It will play like Far Cry and The Division 2. Also, they got rid of the AI squadmates, to make it more survival like ;) You can play solo, but friends can join you :)

PZ

I like the idea that it will play like Farcry, but am disappointed in losing my AI guys  :undecided-new:

Art Blade

nex

Robotic and Drone shooters attacking you   ???   mmmmmm............. no thanks!!
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: PZ on May 10, 2019, 09:08:36 AM
Dang, the game play video is not available in my country. Might need to use VPN and pretend to be elsewhere.

NA gameplay trailer ;)

PZ

Really impressive graphics  :thumbsup:

The detail is amazing - like where you can see individual raindrops hitting wet concrete. I also like how you can throw down a smoke bomb to hide yourself while you rescue one of your team mates.  In short, this is is the most realistic game play I have ever seen.

If one could play single player style, I'd even overlook having robots, because they don't look outrageous.

Tags:
🡱 🡳