Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Thanks Art, D3DGear and now my new Monitor makes it a breeze
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I just had that experience once more, "your" D3DGear saved me again: I had recorded with OBS and the video quality was very good, the file size was excellent (8:24 recording time resulted in a just 186MB video straight from OBS) but geez, it was laggy. Dropped many frames apparently. I recorded it again, this time D3DGear, quality was good but geez.. 7:44 recording time caused a hellish 1.68GB video file. I need a better PC in order to run OBS smoothly..

LowPolyOWG

Since you're making so much videos, go get that Ryzen 2700 or wait for the 16 core beast :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

nex

While I was testing the other day, I changed D3Dgear's resolution to 1920X1080, the file was around 8 min but about 1.5 Gb in size
So the best res on D3D is 1280X720

nex

Quote from: OWGKID on March 26, 2019, 12:57:23 AM
Since you're making so much videos, go get that Ryzen 2700 or wait for the 16 core beast :anigrin:
At a cost of between 6000 ZAR and 8000 ZAR just for the processor
then add the price of a motherboard that will house it, another 3000-4000 ZAR
then memory cards, another 2000-3000 ZAR, A new Power unit about 2000 ZAR to run all these.
All in all about 20000 ZAR. That's half of a month's salary!!!!!
Most of us here have to w0#k Monday to Friday to enable us to pay bills and put food on the table,
so computers and games come as a  luxury pastime. One day if or when you get to be in our shoes you'll also
turn that coin around a few times before spending it on luxuries

LowPolyOWG

Umm, I was referring to Art's comment ;)

Quote from: Art Blade on March 25, 2019, 11:19:17 PM
I need a better PC in order to run OBS smoothly..

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on March 25, 2019, 10:07:16 PM
come to think of it, I think nex deserves a +1 :thumbsup: (here ya go, buddy) for all his cool mission vids and providing PZ with essential info. Thanks, nex O0

Yes indeed! +1 :thumbsup:

I don't think I originally played the game the way I am now because other than the missions themselves, I do not recall it being this easy, especially regarding the Unidad attackers. I'm now using the drone to great effectiveness, and am upgrading it preferentially whenever I have amassed the skill points and spare parts.

This is an excellent example of a truly open world game because I am randomly doing things, traveling wherever I want, and not suffering some stupid "limit" due to not having achieved a certain level.

The console makes it very easy to post videos, but I have not done so because nex's methods are so advanced compared to my rather pathetic random meanderings through the world.

Art Blade

Quote from: OWGKID on March 26, 2019, 05:46:07 AM
Umm, I was referring to Art's comment ;)

It's not as if I was any different from nex in the money department ;) those 20k ZAR would have about the same meaning here. However, I agree with both of you, G and nex: Yes, it would require a powerful machine and yes, I'm thinking twice before spending that amount of money on a PC. Not that I wouldn't, but still, it's not a simple thing to do like drinking water. :gnehe:

nex

Quote from: PZ on March 26, 2019, 08:27:45 AM
Yes indeed! +1 :thumbsup:
The console makes it very easy to post videos, but I have not done so because nex's methods are so advanced compared to my rather pathetic random meanderings through the world.
Thanks PZ  O0   
After all the effort I've gone through you really not going to post any of your videos,
gimme back my rifle  :'(

nex

I'm sure there's not one of us who'd say no to a machine with the latest and greatest
workings, yeah if I had 20k burning holes in my pocket but there are priorities and
unfortunately such a pc is right at the bottom of the list

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, agree :) As long it does what you want, why replace it?

Art Blade

nex

Art Blade

that looked difficult with all those people around. I expected them to cause an alarm when you shot some guys right in front of those people but they just ran around while the bad guys didn't seem to even remotely think something was going terrible wrong. Crazy. Well done O0

nex

Thanks    :)
It's a difficult mission, he can spook at many moment then makes a run for it, the only way to
stop him is to wreck the vehicle he's in. With one attempt I accidentally killed him, another attempt also went wrong
when alarm was made, support arrived and I was caught in the middle of a gun fight.

Tags:
🡱 🡳