Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

Started by PZ, April 12, 2017, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

I still don't know why the youtube version is still blurry, that's why I tried 120frs,
the experts think the higher the frs the smoother the video
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

smooth is not the same as not blurry. Smooth means a fluent stream of images, literally a motion picture, as opposed to a so-called slide show. If you want to test it, try recording something with only 30 frames per second, then record the same with 60. There IS a difference, 30 really isn't smooth anymore. These days you get to see mostly 60 frames in a video, same as your gaming experience.. games these days that cap the frame rate at 30 are poor console portings and gamers will instantly start a shitstorm on the net. 60 is commonplace these days, or unlimited/not capped. Videos that capture games are typically set to 60 because of the limitations imposed on them by YouTube.

It's still blurry because YouTube uses their own compression algorithm that screws up the details. Which is why we really don't have to bother with super fine resolution. We can't change their compression policy anyway. So the recording software's "good" is good enough ;)

nex

I don't fullscreen the youtube clips anymore, that way I don't see the blurring   :-\

Art Blade

Art Blade

I would like you to try again, full screen, with a short vid (2:22) that I recorded 720p60 on "good." I'd say you wouldn't call that so damn blurry that you'd rather watch it embedded/not fullscreen. Except that it's 1280*720 scaled to 1920*1080 on your screen (and mine) which will always cause a slight bit of blurring:

Spoiler

nex

Your vid looks good, maybe all the foliage in the game causes the blurring,
or maybe I'm just fussy   :-X     ;D

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I think fast movement and fuzzy stuff like foliage or landscape causes a lot of blurring while clean lines like stairs and geometrical stuff in general forces the algorithm to stay focussed.

nex

Your'e right, so I'll be less fussy and get on with it    :anigrin:

Art Blade

nex

You're awfully quiet over there in Bolivia PZ...... ;D
Have you taken any convoys out yet?

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on April 03, 2019, 10:09:24 AM
I think fast movement and fuzzy stuff like foliage or landscape causes a lot of blurring while clean lines like stairs and geometrical stuff in general forces the algorithm to stay focussed.

Really depends on the game, but GRW has a lot of foliage and streaming of LoD models.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I've got Hitman 2 which can be quite blurry when outdoors and quite crisp when indoors, Kingdom Come Deliverance with lots of forests and landscape (fields and stuff) that gets quite blurry, Ride 2 that is both very fast and outdoors which gets quite blurry, GTA V that tends to be blurry.. Actually, I haven't got any games that allow for consistently crisp recordings. When I look at your last FC5 vid, every time you move, the yellow grass turns into yellow sand and trees look like cut out from cardboard, so that's also a mixed quality. Only your last Destiny 2 vid seems to be consistently crisp which is astonishing given how fast the movements in it are.

LowPolyOWG

Destiny 2 was recorded with OBS and the game doesn't have a lot of vegetation in its MP maps
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I think OBS produces better quality vids while keeping the file size very small (software encoding) but I don't use it often due to the massive lags (slide show) I get most of the time. D3DGear is a hell of a lot smoother but lacks a bit of quality and always produces much larger files (hardware encoding) so.. I think I need a much more powerful rig in order to use OBS.

nex

I took a look at OBS before I found D3DGear, it looks hell complicated so I uninstalled it.
I still have it but not installed.

Tags:
🡱 🡳