Fallout 3 - can you see this video?

Started by Dweller_Benthos, May 09, 2017, 11:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

So, I made a quick video to show a friend how tough certain enemies are in Fallout 3 - the feral ghoul reaver in particular. He said youtube told him the video was unavailable, can you guys see this vid? I don't want to embed it, copy the link and paste it into the address bar to go to the actual page if you could. I took the dots out of the address so the forum won't auto-embed it, put them back in to get it to w0#k.

https:// www youtube com/watch?v=aa0NmWBSDCE

Much appreciated.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

PZ

I can see it just fine - unless that was a weak weapon, that ghoul sure is resilient

Art Blade

mandru

For me it appears to be a URL addy for a specific file on Youtube but it's not an active link it's just a text line.  No click and view option.

When I copy and paste it into address field at the top of my browser it doesn't link to a video.  It treats the line as a search request.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

Reavers are so tough he tore up your link for me.  :laughsm:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:D

Oh nice, PZ got a "my YT channel" button in his signature ??? O0

PZ

:D

I checked out your gaming channel version, and I like it better than the standard version - easy to see and navigate the videos. I watched one of your FC2 glider fun videos and almost could not believe it has been 7 years already since you posted - like OWG, it does not feel that long ago.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, Mandru, I took the dots out of the address so that the forum software wouldn't read it as an address and embed the video in the thread. I wanted to know if going to that address on youtube itself had issues for anyone. Apparently my friend got a page that said video does not exist.

Anyway, yes, that is the feral ghoul reaver, one of the tougher enemies added by the Broken Steel DLC. I was complaining to aforementioned friend about how tough they were to kill. He said he didn't recall having much problem with them or the super mutant overlords or albino radscorpions, all of which have over 1,000 hitpoints, nearly twice as much as the next toughest enemy in the game. The weapon I'm using is the laser gatling gun, the most powerful weapon I have at the moment, and as you can see, it takes a while to kill this *bleep*. My friend was saying he'd just pop them from a distance with the sniper rifle and be done with it, and I can't believe we're talking about the same creatures here, or he's just mis-remembering the game as he hasn't actually played it in a few years.

Thanks, PZ, it has been a while, over eight years now since I posted those first FC2 videos, time flies. Thing is, I don't think the gaming view of the channel is showing all my videos, I'm pretty sure I have more than that. Need to compare to the normal view in two tabs at the same time.
D_B

PZ

I'm not exactly sure it works just the way they intended, but they claim to post only gaming videos by looking at the meta data. However, I see things in the uploads that are definitely not gaming related while there are actual gaming videos not showing. I'm using Created play lists (very useful) which appear to show them all, popular uploads list, and recent activity.

PZ

One thing I noticed when editing the video information is under the Advanced options --> Category where you choose "Gaming".  In the box beneath that you can put the game title in the box and the uploads tab will show a thumbnail of the game cover plus the full title of the game.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, there are categories to assign a video to, all mine are set to gaming as far as I know, and only the private or unlisted ones don't show the game art icon. They also don't show on the gaming channel, just the published ones.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳