YouTube gaming

Started by PZ, May 09, 2017, 04:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

I'm probably just behind the times, but I ran across this the other day - anyone with a gaming YT account can use the "gaming" prefix instead of "www" to display a version of a channel that is tailored to gaming.

Moving the mouse into a thumbnail causes the thumbnail to begin previewing the video. Start watching a video and you can continue browsing the channel and a small version of the video remains on top. It takes becoming accustomed, but it is kind of cool.

https://gaming.youtube.com/user/OWGpz

Art Blade

There are all kinds of things like the night mode and such. I too noticed the gaming feature (quite some time ago) but hardly ever use it.

However, I did notice your new signature button for your YT channel, although in a different part of the forum :gnehe:

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Hey, works for my channel too, and I don't think I ever made my account specifically a gaming account, but maybe since I only upload gaming videos, it is by default?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I think any channel can be a "gaming" channel, and all you need do is use the gaming prefix.  I never deliberately created a gaming account either - I just saw the prefix when I visited a different looking YT channel.  I kind of like the layout, and that one is focused on gaming.

BinnZ

I didn't know about it either, and it looks kind of cool :)
"No hay luz"

PZ

I like the interface more just about each time I visit.  When watching a video, at the bottom is a list of live casts and video thumbnails of very similar videos.

Tags:
🡱 🡳