Ubisoft comes a recruiting

Started by LinkHero, December 09, 2017, 02:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LinkHero

We have companies visit the universities in search for new slave labour... er, I mean talent for use. Imagine my surprise when our favourite company, UBI*bleep**bleep* is among them. To attempt or not to attempt, that is the question.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

Art Blade

Attempt it if you believe that you're going to be enfranchised later in your life. Then that company's name won't look too bad in your CV. If no one enfranchises you, well, you might find that company's name on your tombstone. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

You should ask yourself where you want to be in the future. I know we like to *bleep*/joke at UBI*bleep**bleep* here, but you are better off forming your own opinion on that matter. I would personally enjoy meeting game developers no matter what reputation their company has. It's a job opportunity after all :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

yep. Despite my joke, it's still true that big names like UBI*bleep* are a very nice addition to one's resume/CV.

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. However, joking/negatively ranting about a company which might be your future workplace, isn't a good idea :-X 343 Industries fired a map maker before he started there. They found comments on a forum where the map maker wrote "no-one deserve their job at 343i". He had also written bad comments against Halo community members/343i earlier... Better be careful what you say in public. Now, you are of course free to come up with constructive feedback, but writing *bleep* about people is not acceptable.

As for UBI*bleep*:
I would say that UBI*bleep* did some bad things before (rushing games, seemingly ignoring complaints), but now, they have changed somewhat. AC origins is one of the highest rated AC games, they haven't jumped completely on the loot box trend (they are present in AC:O/The Division), but doesn't affect gameplay much). Their recent games haven't been AC: Unity levels of day 1 issues and they are busy investing into new IPs and maintaining their games (The Division/R6 Siege). They are also interacting with the reddit community, which have several UBI*bleep* games related subreddits. Even Yves Guillemot had a reddit Ask Me Anything this summer ???. So, they have improved, but I guess there are more to be done :bigsmile:

Art Blade

hard to fire someone if he hasn't started yet -- but I get the idea. I'd still try to "sell" it to them like this:

"You know, you were a *bleep* company with good ideas but really bad service/customer care/Q&A <whatever>. I used to be your customer and you disappointed me. But as I see it, you seem to have noticed that you can't go on like that. From what I see, you are really trying to change that, which makes me happy -- it should have been like that in the first place. If you're serious about becoming a better company, I'd be glad if I could help you and I'd do my very best to accomplish that goal."

BinnZ

I would look at it like this: Ubishit is a huge gaming industry where tech students can learn and network more than anywhere. I would certainly give it a try. You don't lay your faith in a company when you start working for them. You keep your faith in your own hands and enlarge your future opportunities.
So go for it :thumbsup: :)

You might leak some inside info that catches our interest here at OWG :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Good points there, AB :) LinkHero could supply us with modding tools so we could mod their singleplayer games :anigrin:

PZ

There are always interesting and potentially lucrative potentials when companies visit schools.  O0

Art Blade

they might hand out free sweets.

LinkHero

Quote from: Art Blade on December 09, 2017, 09:40:09 AM
they might hand out free sweets.
or free demos..... OK, mustn't get delusions. Mustn't smoke anything weird, eeven if it s second hand from the guy next door.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

PZ

Art Blade

BinnZ

:laughsm:

Grass is always greener at the guy next door :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Tags:
🡱 🡳