4th of July, 2014

Started by PZ, May 10, 2017, 10:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Because I'm playing with my YouTube channel, I found this draft video which I evidently never posted, and have even forgotten that I took it! It looks like a cell phone video, which my phone probably uploaded to my channel as a draft.

We were enjoying the evening with good food, drink and friends.

Art Blade

the fireworks seem to be roughly a quarter mile away, who was it?

PZ

Sorry "who was it"? :huh-new:

Yes, I think you are correct in your distance estimation  O0

Art Blade

:)

who was it, as in: I was under the impression that you and your friends were at the deck enjoying the fireworks, so if you were close to the camera, who was down there launching all the rockets and stuff? Neighbours? But you asking me implies that some or all of you might have left the camera behind while you went down to set off those crackers and all.

PZ

:D I get it now - sometimes I'm a bit thick!

No it was just fortuitous that someone in the bay was shooting fireworks that we could enjoy.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I know I said this on the video comments, but vertical video! LOL!
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yeah, having to rotate an 85" TV set 90° so you can watch it in your armchair, good job :anigrin:

fragger

That's a nice shot PZ, vertical letterbox format notwithstanding :gnehe: Fire in the foreground and fireworks behind. Nice place to be!

PZ

:D  Yeah, I appreciated D_B's comment and will turn my phone 90 degrees next time,  The one problem I can see is that the phone will automatically revert it to vertical  :-X

fragger

There's probably a way to avoid that, but I don't know what it is. I'm one of those dinosaurs who still uses a Nokia (and I rarely use that). I wouldn't even know how to turn an iPhone on.

On the plus side, I haven't walked into the traffic or fallen into a water feature :gnehe:

PZ

:D 

Same here fragger; I hardly use my phone for anything except talking with my wife and kids and the occasional texts - sometimes photos. I think it funny watching people with their phones while walking.  It is another thing altogether when they are driving while texting  :banghead:

Art Blade

??? I've never seen that. But those "smombies" (smartphone zombies) yes, we do have them here, too.

fragger

According to the US National Safety Council, texting while driving accounts for 1 out of every 4 car accidents and causes around 330,000 injuries per year (just in the US). It's illegal here, and for good reason. Doesn't stop the idiots from doing it though. I've seen iFools on numerous occasions ::)

Dweller_Benthos

Texting while driving is illegal in my state at least, and will get you ticketed. Thing is, the cops could write tickets all day and never get 10% of the people who are doing it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳