nex

You're right on that one Art   ;D
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

BinnZ

I still got some time to think it over. Will compare different brands. I tend to go for MSI, which never failed me in the past. My broken GTX780 was a solid ASUS, didn't expect it to die on me :huh-new:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Art Blade

better the GPU dies alone than taking the rest of the PC with it as it once happened to me. :anigrin:

nex

I'm with you BinnZ, Since I experienced problems with Asus products a few years ago
I stay away from it.
MSI and EVGA have always served me well. only one MSI card failed on me, it got fried
by lightning strike.
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

O0 I am running two Sapphire Rx 480s in my rig. Yes, games scale rather poorly in CF :banghead:, but cryptomining performance is doubled :anigrin:

Prior to this, I ran a single MSI R9 290. Ran video games maxed out, but I had issues with the amouth of VRAM. Newer games use more than 4 GB memory so I had to upgrade.

LowPolyOWG

Cancel your 1080 and get this instead? :huh-new:

Seeing how Nvidia has stopped GTX 1080Ti production, expect they already did that unannounced with your GTX 1080 :banghead:

PZ

???

Will be interesting to see how this all shakes out

LowPolyOWG

Yep, with miners buying everything (including directly from the factories) and memory manufacturers keeping prices inflated for their own greed (they deliberately reduced DRAM production :banghead:), not much retailers can do.

BinnZ

It's a shitty situation where I am in, together with lots of other gamers who need replacement for their GPU's.
I'm so lucky I still got that good ol GTX570 working here, man :o
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Yep, I feel sorry for you :( I just checked the American retailers (Newegg/MicroCenter). No 1080s in stock :'(

BinnZ

My retailer never has them in stock, only sometimes a few expensive cards pop up as being on stock at the wholesaler, but that's only a matter of hours I guess until it's finished :sad-new:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳