Christmas

Started by nex, December 22, 2017, 07:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

Had a good day with the fam over for Christmas lunch, where I made my usual pig of myself :gnehe: We don't exchange gifts anymore, now that all the kids have grown up. Less stress having to decide what to buy for so-and-so and having to spend our money. So we just have a slap-up Chrissie lunch (including the ubiquitous big bowl of fresh, and very much non-barbecued, prawns ;) ) and a good time together.

I don't think I could eat for another week now (burp)

BinnZ

:D

We had Turkey yesterday. My sister in law bought us one on the market, it weighed 8 kilos (!). So we ate that yesterday, and when I came down in the morning I smelled the smell of warmed up Turkey for breakfast :banghead: :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on December 25, 2017, 12:29:25 AM
I don't think I could eat for another week now (burp)

:laughsm:

O0

We had "pinnekjøtt" or "stick meat" for dinner yesterday. It's basically ribs from the sheep which is either smoked or salted. To prepare, you need to leave it in a pot filled with water for like two days. Then, you boil it for some hours. Tomorrow, we are going to gather by my uncle's house. Other family members come and we eat together.

Another typical Norwegian dish is pork ribs. Currently, it's in the oven now :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

Sounds like a good time was had by all - now for the New Year festivities  :evil2:

Dweller_Benthos

Because of the weather, we crammed everything into Sunday as the snow on Monday made everyone not want to travel. Somehow, a holiday tradition with my family has become having bagels with cream cheese and smoked salmon, I have no idea how that started, but that's what we had, lol. Along with assorted treats and cookies of course. So the actual day yesterday I spent mostly playing video games and clearing the driveway of snow.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

At least you have snow D_B :bigsmile:

We always hope for a white Christmas, but no luck here :(
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

fragger

No luck here either. Maybe the 34°C day had something to do with it :bigsmile:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

no snow here, either. Temperatures around 10°C, too mild for this time of the year.

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

At least I don't have to risk my life just to cross the street :-X

Art Blade

you don't need snow for that. Cars will do. :anigrin:

PZ

Snowed quite a bit before Christmas, and it is still less than 20F most days. I cleared out the driveway and shoveled a path to the fire pit for New Years. The hot tub is ready, and the forecast predicts 6-8 inches of snow in the next couple of days. Fire is now round the clock in the fireplace and it is very cozy.

Taking a walk around the block with my hot buttered rum today - I say block, but it is really not a block in the strictest sense - it is a block of land about the size of a city block, but there are no houses, only forest.

BinnZ

You are making me so jealous PZ :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

nex

As with fragger, temp well into 30°C should be the reason for no snow,
if there were any my 24" GoldAir Airplane propeller fan would have blown it away    :anigrin:
Respect is earned, not given.

Tags:
🡱 🡳