What did you do for Valentine's Day?

Started by PZ, February 15, 2018, 02:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Well, I actually managed to find short ribs so they became the star of the day. My wife questioned why I had left the knives off the place setting. I told her that we would not need knives (I'd not made this dish for her before this day).  ;D

Seared and nestled among the vegetable with some beef stock. Braised for about 3 hours.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and drizzled with balsamic reduction

On a bed of noodles, the short ribs were dressed with their reduction sauce. Roasted Parmesan crusted asparagus accompanied them on the plate.

A chilled Prosecco started the refreshment, smoked Gouda, smoked Havarti, and salami as an appetizer, and a Turley Zinfandel accompanied the beef.

To my relief, the dinner was a success as I lost count of the times she commented on the beef. My only worry is that she will expect a bit better next time!

Art Blade

you mean you hope she does so you'll have an excuse to practice. :gnehe:

Looking really good there, I particularly like the colours and general arrangement of the foods in the first pic, reminds me of fruit salad (apart from the ribs) and the final dish looks mouth-watering good. O0

PZ

:D Yes, I think so - cooking has become one of my favorite things to do!

Thanks, AB, the food was very good, and the look on her face when she came to the table was priceless - took me most of the day to cook the dinner, but seeing her response made it all worth it.

Art Blade

to quote a FC2 line, "I told you he wasn't completely useless.." :anigrin:

PZ

:laughsm: :thumbsup:

I'm watching the Olympics, and the Netherlands abbreviation on their uniforms is NED. I think you can imagine what immediately came to my mind.  :gnehe:

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳