Ubisoft comes a recruiting

Started by LinkHero, December 09, 2017, 02:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin: :laughsm: Pretty sure the Hookah is common in India? We call it a waterpipe or a bong  :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Interesting article :) I know it as "cachimba" as they called it in Spain.

LowPolyOWG

O0 Common usage is either recreational smoking or drugs :gnehe: Personally, I don't do any of those.

Art Blade

oh. You mean, you don't drink from that posh bottle? After I ate that fancy apple-flavoured creamy stuff, I wanted to empty the bottle in one but nearly burned myself opening it so I went for those funny straws (hoses) -- no wonder it tasted horrible. I don't remember much else, though.

LowPolyOWG

LinkHero

I believe an update is in order:
I did sign up for the interview procedure, and I got asked whether I had played any UBI*bleep**Bleep* games in the interview. I did mention my (okayish)modding experience with Farcry 2 and 3. The team was impressed.
Unfortunately, in the second round of interviews with a different panel, the same magic could not be worked. As a result, I am still looking for a job. I have 6 more months in my university to do so, so not all is lost.
Meanwhile, I can happily go back to cursing UBI*bleep**Bleep* again. At least, for the foreseeable future.
Level up that health:
cuz dead men do no DPS.
                                      -LinkHero,2018

LowPolyOWG

What did the second panel asked you about?
Nice that you got called in for an interview. Are you really interested into making games?

They might have dismissed you if you don't have a portfolio to show off. It's common in the game dev community that modders have a webpage/YT channel where they show off their w0#k.

If you are passionate about game development or general computing, go ahead and make a portfolio of stuff you have worked on during your days at the Uni.

Art Blade

sorry to hear, LH, who knows what that was good for. At least the next time someone asks, you won't have to worry about a missed opportunity and won't have to say regretfully, "I'm so sorry, but I signed up with those dickheads, already." :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳