FO4 short Guide: Minuteman ending

Started by Art Blade, January 20, 2018, 07:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

This topic is a short guide dedicated to the Minuteman ending while keeping both the Railroad and the Brotherhood of Steel intact.

A very detailed version by fragger is available here.

Below is my simple "compilation" of the video.

Before entering the Institute for the first time, finish
* Show No Mercy (Brotherhood of Steel)
* Tradecraft (Railroad)
* Old Guns (Minuteman)

but don't complete
- Tactical Thinking (Brotherhood of Steel)
- Underground Undercover (Railroad)
- Mass Fusion (Institute)

instead,
* finish The Nuclear Option (Minuteman) but read the following first
+ while on that mission, issue the Evac Protocol at the director's ("Father's") terminal so the Railroad won't turn hostile.

Additional Info

* In order to get the perk from Paladin Danse, you have to play the BoS missions up to and including Liberty Reprimed, which will lead to Blind Betrayal. Only if Danse is alive after finishing the mission Blind Betrayal, his affinity can reach its maximum, unlocking his perk.

+ play/complete the side quest Human Error before finishing The Nuclear Option if you want Covenant as a settlement.

The Covenant and Old Man Stockton in Bunker Hill are related to Human Error and to the Railroad.

If The Nuclear Option is completed before finishing this quest, it will fail. If you haven't started it but finished The Nuclear Option, the quest will no longer be available.

PZ

Art Blade

Thank you, PZ, although I think fragger deserves it more than me :) I really haven't done much.

Art Blade

added side quest Human Error
(related to: Old Man Stockton and Covenant)

Art Blade

fragger

Nearly there, guys. It took a bit longer than I hoped because some people dropped in unexpectedly this morning and took me away from it for a few hours...

When I post it, which should be in a couple more hours after I've fine-tuned it and tidied it up, would it possible to move it to the top of the topic? It's big, and it's repeating some of the points that Art has added. As it is, it's going to get pushed further down the page. I'm not asking out of any kind of egotism, but because it will be more accessible if it goes at the beginning of the topic. It's about as thorough and detailed as I could make it, and I'm fairly certain I've covered everything. It would also be a tiny bit more convenient for me to edit it or add anything to it, should that prove necessary.

I was hoping to post it in its own topic so that the details would be all in one place and at the top of the page, but Art kind of jumped the gun on me... :gnehe:

Art Blade

fragger, hehe :anigrin: I was already prepared to copy or cut and paste your stuff into the first post of this topic and someone pinned this topic so it already is on top of the page.

fragger

Thanks mate :bigsmile: Nearly there, I still have to check one or two things in the post-story game and tidy up the guide.

Art Blade

Art Blade

You know, it looks as if you had an enormous guide in the making. If you want, you may just as well start a new topic of your own, the subject of which should point out that it's a "very detailed" version of the guide or some such. Makes it easier for you to edit stuff in your w0#k. Whatever suits you best. I don't mind at all editing your creation into this topic's first post if you think it's better to keep just one topic. :)

fragger

No, that's okay. Might as well stick it in this topic, no point in starting a whole new one for it.

Art Blade

I was just thinking, I'll wait a few days until putting it into the first post so you can edit your guide if needed. :)

fragger

I'm about to post it now, I think it's as complete as I can make it :gnehe: Stick it up top if you like, I can still edit it there. In fact, it'll be quicker for me to get at it that way.

fragger

Actually, I decided to post the guide in its own topic after all, so there will be both a "quick reference" guide here and a "comprehensive" guide over there. Hope you don't mind :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳