Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Edit:

here is the first PROPER and CLEVER and as far as I can tell, COMPLETE walkthrough that I've come across. The link leads to a playlist. Mostly without commentary, only things worth mentioning are voiced over.

playlist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vekakbKyo&index=1&list=PL90YOFBe2p0wcgUjJ4KHLS42wMx-I9wht

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2vekakbKyo&index=1&list=PL90YOFBe2p0wcgUjJ4KHLS42wMx-I9wht

/edit.

Just released..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCQZl6wcG2E&list=PLl_Xou7GtCi4-aVw3aR5uAbbq6FcppwLt
..this is intriguing. Hard core medieval role-playing sandbox game in which your choices matter. Best watch this guy commenting on it, I think he's giving proper information. I'm quite fascinated, it is said to be historically accurate, based on real buildings, settlements and so on. Medieval fighting styles, weapons with about 200 animations, the game calculating how a blow might cause the sword to glide along plate armour or bounce off it, all those tons of details are amazing. And for instance, people react to your appearance. If you've got clean and polished armour on you, they might consider you a noble whereas if your clothes are blood-stained, they will think you're a dangerous person. The game doesn't stop for you, like real life, life goes on with or without you. It was I think it's called crowd-funded (fans) and somehow they ended up with a five million US dollar budget (compared to 85m for Skyrim) and it's the first game the company has released. I've watched a little ahead, see next post for the playlist -- it looks absolutely fantastic, wait until you see the landscape and forests..

Art Blade

actually, if that piqued your interest, you might want to watch some more of that guy's playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjPLjU0YCAI&index=2&list=PLl_Xou7GtCi4-aVw3aR5uAbbq6FcppwLt

fragger

Looks interesting, not really my cup of tea though.

PZ

Gorgeous graphics, but similar to fragger, not exactly the kind of game I like - have never been able to get in to the medieval type of setting.

Art Blade

man, I watched all the vids on this game the guy has uploaded so far, and I am really impressed and I'm considering getting it.

PZ

If you do, I certainly am looking forward to the pics of your adventures  O0

fragger

Likewise :)

The graphics look fantastic, that's for sure. I'm fascinated by medieval times, but I'm not real keen on experiencing them, even in a game. I think if I found myself in a medieval battle, I'd be like, "Somebody please give me a gun and a force-field!" :gnehe:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

yes guys, I'm so hyped by the vids I have been watching that I decided I wanted to see it for myself. I just bought a steam wallet code worth the game's price and will download it as soon as possible, likely this night. Man, the game has so much potential, I can already tell. I am also willing to accept some bugs because I believe they're going to be ironed out eventually as it's Warhorse's first game -- and I think it's a love child of theirs, too. :bigsmile:

PZ

Looking forward to your experiences, AB!  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

thanks, PZ, you have no idea how much I am looking forward to lay my hands on it :anigrin:

G, I'm not going to read anything about it as I just don't care. I am already aware of the fact that it's not going to be smooth as silk and I don't have a 1080 but a 980 graphics card which means, I won't be running everything on ultra. Most likely I'll have to tune down something here and there but it's still going to look good.

And there's one difference between this game and any UBI*bleep* games: This one just isn't a UBI*bleep* game. :anigrin:

Downloading now, 31.7 GB. I am loading it onto my SSD (formerly used for a Mircoshit game Forza Horizon which I deleted some time ago) :gnehe:

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on February 15, 2018, 02:11:41 PM
And there's one difference between this game and any UBI*bleep* games: This one just isn't a UBI*bleep* game. :anigrin:

:gnehe: :thumbsup:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Alright. Have fun  :bigsmile:

The game is based on CryEngine (used for the demanding game Crysis, I guess you have heard the catch phrase "But can it run Crysis?"). :anigrin:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

actually, I got Crysis when it was released and my machine didn't have any problems with it. The catch was, in the normally locked-away settings, the game allowed much more than machines could handle. So the game was in a way ahead of its time regarding graphics, but when you played it at a reasonable setting, it was good. The only thing I wasn't happy about was that they promised destructible environment which they almost completely gave up on. Trees were the only things I remember that could be destroyed but even that was like only two or three areas a trunk could be cut off.

If you watch the YT videos, you'll have to admit that despite the fact that those videos always lose some of the original quality which you'd see when playing the game on your own machine, they did an outstanding job on Kingdom Come: Deliverance. I played Mount And Blade, a medieval strategy game that allowed you to play first person and man, the game is excellent despite of its 1980s graphics. So here there are a few chaps without money who managed to raise 5,000,000 $US from fans. Of course they don't licence a state-of-the-art game engine. They can be happy to have been able to get the CryEngine and boy did they w0#k hard.

Whatever. I don't need anyone to tell me the game Kingdom Come: Deliverance was *bleep*. But rest assured, it will be me who will tell you if I think it is. :anigrin:

Art Blade

I moved this topic from General to Now Being Played as I will be playing it as soon as I can. Download is still going and this weekend I might not find time to play it, but I really, really want to play it right now. So we all will have to wait a little and then I'll start playing and posting. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳