Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

hmmm.. game just crashed. So maybe it wasn't even necessary to revert to an older savegame after all.. but they strongly recommended it.. oh well.

Anyway. I just got a few perks that I never had before, I much rather continue from where I am. I really don't want to risk going back to a possibly corrupt savegame. A crash can happen in any other game as well.

By the way: before I went back to my older save, I discovered the location I knew I'd have to scout out, where those gangs of Cumans and bandits are encamped. I wanted to disguise myself as a Cuman and tried it but it wasn't as cool as I had hoped. They quickly made me. Perhaps it's a different story during the quest that will lead me there but I won't be dragging a complete set of Cuman gear around anymore. Also, I wanted to poison them with rotten meat that I had been carrying around for that matter and I found out that it isn't possible to drop the rotten meat into a stew pot, only potions. Knowing that, I don't have to carry heavy rotten meat around anymore :anigrin: However, you can actually cook certain food, like (not rotten) meat and vegetables. Speaking of meat, you can hunt animals (rabbits, deer and so on but also sheep and cows if you don't mind their owners) but hunting isn't allowed so it's poaching. The meat, hides, antlers and all that what you get out of an animal is always "stolen." But if you cook stolen meat, it's magically not stolen anymore. :bigsmile:

It is so much fun running around in this game and do stuff that's not quest-related. :thumbsup:

Art Blade

On steam, I checked the pinned bug report thread (and posted there) -- it would appear that the crash that made me revert to my old savegame still happens, it is reproducible (can't pass through a a town called Uzhitz) and I noticed the recent posts there reported the same thing. I guess I could just go back to the savegame that I came from before reverting. I'll have to avoid that town for now, no matter what I do until the new patch is released.

Come to think of it, people without the mod that adds unlimited saves and saving anywhere, are probably annoyed beyond description. Imagine playing whatever lengthy amount without saving and just travelling through Uzhitz crashes the game, annihilating any progress made. Wow. Also, some quests involve that town, I heard of a horse race. That would be horrible, racing and bang, crash, all progress lost. However, I'm not mad at the devs. If you think of how enormous the game is and how limited their resources were, it has been a remarkable game and the immersion is better than in most other games. Nevertheless, with those bugs, I'm a bit reluctant now until the new patch comes out and I can only hope that they'll have it fixed by then.

PZ

That's too bad, but with it fully known of the problem, the developers will likely come out with a fix soon  O0

Art Blade

I'm pretty sure of it, yes. Meanwhile, I'm doing all kinds of things except passing through Uzhitz :anigrin:

Although a bit late, I want to show you something funny and I see it as a proof that they knew they'd have to release a patch soon: Since the recent patch that was released last week (Easter weekend) you still find Easter eggs. Literally. :bigsmile: I found red, blue and green ones. There may have been a golden one but I never found it.

Easter egg
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

PZ

:D :thumbsup:

Good to have a sense of humor!

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Watched AB playing this via Steam streaming. I think it's like Skyrim developed by Bugthesda, but without dragons and fantasy stuff :) Graphics looked ugly, but that's due to Steam compression.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Those Easter eggs themselves aren't a joke. Like some people do it in real life, hide coloured eggs for children to find and as a general decoration for Easter. The description next to the Easter egg: an ancient symbol of birth and life. OK, the sense of humour as in "hard boiled" right next to the description is ambiguous, it is both funny and true because there are normal white eggs that aren't hard boiled and take a lot less long until they start to rot. That kind of funny comments can be found in many descriptions :)

Regarding the streaming on steam, I know it's far from the gaming experience but at least it gives you a good idea of what the game is like. However, you'll find crisp graphics in my screenshots in this topic. You should check them if you haven't, I posted a quite a few pics by now, make sure to click on them to enlarge, they're all in full resolution, albeit I'm not using the HD resolution DLC.

I like the graphic details of this game. And the graphics. :gnehe:

graphic details

PZ

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, on the pictures, it looks great :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

it is pure eye-candy. :) Imagine, there's a 6 GB HD texture pack available.. must be marvellous.

Yesterday I had an attack notification while fast-travelling so I stopped to investigate. Three bandits in full plate armour, wielding a heavy battleaxe, a warhammer an a decent longsword, ornamented shields and everything, man, those three guys packed about 400kg of metal which of course I had to loot (after killing the bandits) without those three guards noticing. So again guards vs bandits. That stuff keeps happening now, always guards involved.. I don't mind but it's a bit dangerous because if you hit a guard, you're done. While GKID was watching the stream, I too ran into three guards and three bandits. One bandit was running away really quickly, chased by a guard, and I decided to stop the bandit with an arrow, perhaps some 20 paces away, from horseback, a moving target, with a non-target (guard) being dangerously close. One shot, kill -- it was probably my best shot so far. I killed the bandit, not the guard, pointing that out just in case. :anigrin:

Art Blade

Some pics to show some outfits which I created. Any of those clothing/armour etc. items can be combined with each and every clothing/armour etc. item in the other pics, and with items that are not in the pics. Complete freedom, given you own enough of that stuff. As usual, I recommend you click on the pics to enlarge them, up to full size to observe small details.

outfit 01 Knight, in full plate armour (I forgot to put on a coif, though)

outfit 02 nobleman, and my current dice statistics :gnehe:
(they're for real and achieved without cheating nor savegame tricks)

outfit 03 Stealth and crime stats.
Note the low visibility, conspicuousness and noise stats.
In any forest, visibility and conspicuousness will drop to zero which makes me virtually invisible.

Art Blade

come to think of crimes, I had a job to find and return a horse that had bolted. When I found it, a woodcutter was next to it and claimed it was his, which was nonsense. In order to avoid any trouble, I told him, "what would a woodcutter do with a horse, anyway? I'm going to pay you a handsome sum for it." To which he replied that he wanted to sell the horse anyway and agreed. The game made me pay 500 Groschen (I wasn't given the option to haggle) and the guy was satisfied with the sum and marched off.

I went after him, sneaked up close enough to pickpocket that walking guy and stole my 500 back plus whatever he had before that deal -- I took all his money :anigrin: I'm pretty sure he was really angry once he realised what had happened :gnehe:

When I returned the horse to the stable, I was given 85 Groschen as a reward. Bloody hell. I was really glad I had stolen my money back :gnehe:

Art Blade

Patch is out, 249.4MB.

Release Notes for version 1.4.2
9 APRIL   - MARTIN.KLIMA
Fixed issues:
A major bug that crashed the game at various places has been fixed.
Quests notably affected by this bug include Sport of kings, Pestilence, Questions and Answers.
Fixed issue with missing Erik in the quest The Die is Cast.
Other minor bugfixes.

Art Blade

OK, I can pass through Uzhitz again :)

I came to post that because I've got the time for it before restarting the game which just crashed on me during a fight with bandits. :banghead: :anigrin:

It was weird, anyway, there were clearly bandits and whatever else it was, I don't know. They weren't Cumans and didn't look like guards. Maybe two different gangs of bandits.

PZ

Nice that they fixed it so quickly  :thumbsup:

Tags:
🡱 🡳