Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Started by Art Blade, February 13, 2018, 04:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

timed events, races, bosses, night time.. you're creating quite a list there and that's worrying me. :anigrin:

Art Blade

ah, there was another interesting event. You may remember that long ago I came across a knight who wanted to duel me and after the duel, I knocked him out, took all his gear, and put that guy behind a bush.

I met him again, and Henry even said so, to which he replied that he wanted a rematch because I had defeated him back then. So we had another duel, I earned the same very expensive armour part but this time, I just let him trudge away because I'm so stinking rich, I don't need to rob him anymore :anigrin: He never mentioned that "someone" stole all his gear, so the game isn't that accurate which is, in a way, a relief to know.

PZ

That's quite a high degree of detail  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Quote from: fragger on March 07, 2018, 04:22:33 PMIs there any chance you could run into that knight again? He might think, "Ah, there's that bastard who stole my armour" and come after you :gnehe:

So, "yes" to the first bit and "no" to the second :anigrin: Look at how much time has passed, March 8th until now. :)

fragger

Art Blade

next time I see him, I'll convey your greetings to him, fragger. :anigrin:

If he survived the duel.

Art Blade

There was another random event that made me interrupt my fast travel, at daytime. Attack on the road. "I remember you!" he shouted, and attacked. It was a bandit, poorly equipped, and he didn't have a chance. Kind of funny, how someone yells at you, "I remember you!" in a way that implies it wasn't exactly a fond memory. I reckon it was either one of those few bandits who managed to run away while I was busy finishing off their friends or someone whose surrender I had accepted and allowed to live on. Usually I kill bandits and don't accept surrender. Sometimes, for whatever reason, one of them escapes their fate. Although not forever, as it would seem :evil2:

PZ

If that was truly something the game "remembered" in your prior travels rather than some random event, it is a level of immersion I've not experienced in a game.  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

I'm pretty sure it was no invention. I know that people will remember wrongdoings and that might even lead to bounties and manhunt. :)

PZ

Art Blade

it can make your life really, really miserable if you like to play the bad guy. You know, people won't even allow that you speak to them if your reputation is that bad. You will have to PAY, really, to bribe them with sometimes a significant amount of money ONLY to unlock the speech dialogue! I much rather play nice and honest and avoid being detected when doing some stuff on the shady side. That includes killing witnesses..  ;)

Art Blade

and man, I'm completely immersed in KCD right now. In short: I'm a novice now ("monk in training," if you will) and locked inside a monastery without contact to the world outside. Literally locked away. You don't have lockpicks let alone a master key, so you cannot leave. Even if you get out, you're not allowed to do that and getting caught outside the monastery is most likely the end of the quest. Of course, I already stole a master key for the monastery..

And in there it's the same as outside: politics, rules, conspiracy, envy, crimes, secrets.. and I have to be very careful, I must not get caught doing anything "wrong" there. And I'm already doing a lot of things wrong :D

The main goal and reason why I got into that is that I have to find out what's going on in the game's "outside" world, related to attacks of towns and financing of mercenaries with counterfeit money. So right now I have to infiltrate a gang of criminals and the only way those crimps will recruit me is to prove to them that I'm tough enough—by killing a former member of their gang who happens to have escaped into the monastery to become a monk.

The only way to get inside is to become a monk myself. I managed with a stolen identity. Some bloke was supposed to become a monk against his will so I went in his stead. Whoa.. it means, the game strips you of EVERY item, including quest items, and stashes all that stuff away in a trunk in the gatehouse and that's outside the monastery. I already managed to sneak out and steal back my stuff, high risk.. and if they ever catch me, they will confiscate all the stuff I've got on me (you know, monks, no earthly possessions allowed) so geez.. that's a tough one. Of course, I don't have access to my horse's saddlebags, either.. they can even expel me if I am caught one time too many, that includes forgetting my daily duties, which would result in the quest to fail.. sweet Jesus..

oh my god!
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

novice's schedule. I really have to do these things and to be punctual.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Alright. Now that I've become a little more familiar with monasterial life, I've realised that it's best to stay a while. If I were to rush things, I'd miss out on a great deal of side quests. Essentially it means that I'm going to postpone anything related to finding "the pious"—the criminal monk Antonius whom I'm supposed to kill following the bandit's order or, following my liege lord's order, arrest him and put him in jail so he can be interrogated first and killed later :gnehe:

I don't remember details but I had been in the monastery before and stole some items which was difficult because I wasn't allowed inside at all. Back then, I stole virtually everything that wasn't nailed down or screwed tight before I left :anigrin: And I remember the excess when I got caught and really felt the urge to vent off a bit and killed everything in there that was walking on two legs  :D I restored the situation with a reloaded savegame, of course. But I still remember the massacre in the church with dead bodies all over the place. :anigrin:

So, back then I collected quite a few quest items that I needed now. Silly, the game stripped me of everything, including those quest items, and they weren't things that grow back. Which means, I really had to break out unnoticed and break into the room in the gatehouse and steal my own gear back and sneak back in without anyone being the wiser. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to finish certain side quests. Well, I managed, and I did. Finally. And, rewarding, too. More in a non-pecuniary way, because it was some kind of relief to finally get rid of several items from my inventory which I had been carrying around forever without knowing what they were good for. :)

It is fun. And damn, I got caught once, only because I wasn't in a designated area at a designated time. I talked myself out of it but next time will be a day or so in a cell. I'll have to be bloody careful now. I'll manage :)

PZ

This sounds like one of the most immersive games I've heard about.  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Absolutely. I've never ever played anything remotely immersive and with so many options and consequences. I love it that it DOES matter what you do and that it WILL have consequences, and they're dependent on your decisions. Plus, it's eye-candy everywhere I look. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳